The legitimate complaints against Bush regarding the response to Hurricane Katrina

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Close to 10% of the population!
    I really don't want to believe it. It's almost unbearable.

I was thinking "maybe the administration will attempt to hide the real numbers as to not distress the survivors and family members". Among other reasons.

#91     Sep 6, 2005
  2. It would be 10% if the number was for NO only but it likely covers all victims in LA, MS and AL. Still it's huge.

#92     Sep 6, 2005
  3. Anyone who cares about responsible budgeting and the health of America's rivers and wetlands should pay attention to a bill now before the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. The bill would shovel $17 billion at the Army Corps of Engineers for flood control and other water-related projects -- this at a time when President Bush is asking for major cuts in Medicaid and other important domestic programs. Among these projects is a $2.7 billion boondoggle on the Mississippi River that has twice flunked inspection by the National Academy of Sciences.
    The Government Accountability Office and other watchdogs accuse the corps of routinely inflating the economic benefits of its projects. And environmentalists blame it for turning free-flowing rivers into lifeless canals and destroying millions of acres of wetlands -- usually in the name of flood control and navigation but mostly to satisfy Congress's appetite for pork.

This is a bad piece of legislation.
    NYT

The hypocracy of the left is absolutely astounding.

#93     Sep 6, 2005
  4. Bush is cooking with gas now. I don't know if it's the "liberal media", fear, politics, that we look like aholes worldwide or whatever and I don't care.

I see a reporter showing me a water level down a foot. That's how you start moving a mountain!

Bush has raised holyolehell and that's what those people down there need.

For now, I'm going to agree with Chertoff on this one - rolling a head won't help them right now in NO.

Geo.

#94     Sep 6, 2005
  5. Bush is a uniter. He has shown great leadership yet also a surprising amount of compassion and emphathy. I am sure Dick Cheney has played an important role behind the scenes.

#95     Sep 6, 2005
  6. :D Thanks for the laugh, AAA.

m

#96     Sep 6, 2005
  7. Babak

Babak

AAA,

Please don't tell me that you don't question his appointment of a person who was fired from his last position for incompetence, to head of FEMA.

A job, btw that was infinitely simpler, requiring very little management skill and where a mistake doesn't cost lives.

Say what you will about GWB's character...he's a uniter, he's fuzzy wuzzy, he's a leader....etc. This decision was a major, major, major blunder.

I don't blame the idiot in charge of FEMA as much as GWB for putting him in charge. After all, the dolt can't help but be who he is. The responsability lies on Bush's shoulders for appointing someone so incredibly, incredibly incompetent.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/9/2/34622/68348

#97     Sep 6, 2005
  8. The blame game never fed a hungry child. I am sure the head of FEMA is doing his best and he is supported by an outstanding staff. In most of these agencies the actual work is done by the career staff. The political appointees are there mainly to talk to the press and congress. As for this man's achievements in the private sector, I don't know the facts but i do know it is easy for people with a grduge to backstab.

#98     Sep 6, 2005
  9. Babak

Babak

wow...now I understand how someone like Bush can be voted into power...twice.

#99     Sep 6, 2005
  10. I think you're right on this AA. All you and I can do is send $.
    Only the gummint can put that big gear and the big size food and water on the ground Right Now.

We gotta be behind W to pull this out - however delayed.

Besides, it's getting boring kicking a guy with kick me written all over him and I need rest to get my annual screech frenzy ready for 9/11. :D

Geo.

Boy that Slick Willy was slick. See his comments? How on earth did anyone ever get a hook into that rascal. :p

#100     Sep 6, 2005