The last time right-wing hatred ran wild like this a President was killed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Funny, when W. was president and Reagan was president, the Dems were doing the exact same thing.

Like in Florida with the "recount" between Gore and Bush, the Dems protested nationwide for recounts of the recounts.

COUNT EVERY VOTE!!! What they really meant was "keep doing recounts until we are ahead, and then you can stop."

#21     Sep 23, 2009
  2. Lighten up whiz kid. I hardly support the Dem policies now days. Just thought I'd add some humor to an otherwise humorous discussion.

#22     Sep 23, 2009
  3. Secret Service probing Facebook poll on Obama
    (AP) – 1 hour ago

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Secret Service is investigating an online survey that asked whether people thought President Barack Obama should be assassinated, officials said Monday.

The poll, posted Saturday on Facebook, was taken off the popular social networking site quickly after company officials were alerted to its existence. But, like any threat against the president, Secret Service agents are taking no chances.

"We are aware of it and we will take the appropriate investigative steps," said Darrin Blackford, a Secret Service spokesman. "We take of these things seriously."

The poll asked respondents "Should Obama be killed?" The choices: No, Maybe, Yes, and Yes if he cuts my health care.

The question was not created by Facebook, but by an independent person using an add-on application that has been suspended from the site.

"The third-party application that enabled an individual user to create the offensive poll was brought to our attention this morning," said Barry Schnitt, Facebook's spokesman for policy.

Because the application was disabled, the responses to the nonscientific polls are not available.
    "We're working with the U.S. Secret Service, but they'll need to provide any details of their investigation," Schnitt said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iSHdC8oUo_rn0oPC-cZ9oVqaFIGgD9B0GIE81

#23     Sep 28, 2009
  4. Hey trefoil, no disrespect but where did you you come up with the persecution of Catholics in the South? Catholics ran half of the South, especially in larger cities.

#24     Sep 28, 2009
  5. See this article: Anti-Catholicism, Anti-Protestantism, and Race in Civil Rights Era Alabama and Georgia

Catholicism equaled Communism to some folks back in the Fifties, and they would still have been around in the early Sixties when JFK was running.
    Even today, my relatives down South report the occasional sighting of signs like "Today's Sermon: Why Catholics Aren't Christian".
    JFK found it necessary to make major speeches promising not to let the Pope dictate to him. Seems weird now, but that's the way it was, and still is, sometimes, it seems.
    Also, think about this: JFK was the first, but still is the only, Catholic who was ever President. Very odd, if you think there's no discrimination.

#25     Sep 29, 2009