The last print of the day in After Hours

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ps0013, Jun 10, 2020.

1. ps0013

ps0013

I've been watching some of my positions in afterhours and I have noticed that the last print of the day is always a large order and usually for a lower price. The price looks like it is going up nicely, and then the last thing I see is a LOW LAST ?

Can anyone educate me on what this is?

2. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

What exchange ? What product ?
    Sometimes at settlement there is a special auction process.

3. ps0013

ps0013

ATNM from tonight....

4. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

Investors may trade in the Pre-Market (4:00-9:30 a.m. ET) and the After Hours Market (4:00-8:00 p.m. ET). Participation from Market Makers and ECNs is strictly voluntary and as a result, these sessions may offer less liquidity and inferior prices. Stock prices may also move more quickly in this environment. Investors who anticipate trading during these times are strongly advised to use limit orders.

If this was After hour then it might just be the spread being wider.

Or it might be a "cross order"

http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/content/productsservices/trading/crosses/openclose_faqs.pdf

All in all I don't really know.

ps0013 likes this.
  5. Late print

6. ps0013

ps0013

So, I believe the "X" represents "exempt" traded shares.

7. mikehussy

mikehussy

In the case of my trading experience, I found my last print of the day to be mostly a large order that I bagged at a low price. But that’s not a constant thing and definitely not the same for all. In the after-hours, there are chances that the stocks can move too quickly, which makes it necessary to make moves after analyzing everything