The last best-fit parabolic

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by TSOKAKIS, Sep 3, 2004.

1. The last N100 bar [Feb3] confirmed the bearish mood.
    34 crosses, 31 bearish and only 3 bullish.
    If you consider the last two bars, more than the 50% has changed the trend direction.
    Total 65 crosses and 60 of them were bearish !!
    The best-fit parabolic gives a clear picture for the whole market.
    Note also that the delay of this whole-market-signal is insignificant.
    [Among the others, CSCO was SELL at open and I think it was the best choice for Feb3...]

#51     Feb 4, 2005
  2. Your parabolic code so impressed me that i made a search of the entire ami archieves and i came across a code designed by you sometime in 2003 called the gearbox. I got 3 indicators and exploration codes ,the ip across the cmo5 movement is for attenuation.It is also very impressive.I would need a clarification however on the perc value .A change in the value doesnt change the net result.Also in some instances the value of b is empty . The code gives quite good trading results. I have attached a graph below of the empty value of b.The red line is 34 green is 36 black is equity and white is 10 .YOu attenuate the value of b (thats what i think) to optimise.Significance of per? I am trying the code along with the parabolic .Its a good automised trading system.Thanks in advance.

#52     Feb 6, 2005
  3. Lancer

Lancer

Excellent work TSOKAKIS. Does anyone have an eSignal conversion for this code?

#53     Feb 6, 2005
  4. Hi Dimitris,
    Would it be possible to get your formula to use with AB? I would like to try it out. I tried it in AB 4.60 and it had an error message. As you know I'm not too swift when it comes to computers. "Not the sharpest knife in the drawer" as they say....LOL. Please send me an e-mail at raven4ns@yahoo.ca if you wouldn't mind. Thank you my friend.

Tim

#54     Feb 6, 2005
  5. Tim,
    Copy carefully the
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/69570
    and you will have no problem with your AB 4.60

#55     Feb 7, 2005
  6. ntfs

ntfs

Natasha,

I tried several searches for the code you mentioned about "gearbox" but didn't find anything. Could you please either post the code in reference or the url?

I am also impressed by his code!

Thanks,

Nt

#56     Feb 8, 2005
  7. Nt,
    the "gear-box" thread [Nov2003] was in addition to "Steve CMO5 rules and the IPs", an example of the IP [inspection points] application. The messages [in the amibroker YHOO list] were
    but you shoud read the previous discussion to see the purpose of this topic. It is not directly related to the best-fit parabolic and, IMHO, it should be discussed sepatately.
    Dimitris

#57     Feb 8, 2005
  8. Hi Dimitris,
    It worked!!!!!! I'm always surprised when I can get the computer to work.......LOL. Thank you.

Tim

P.S. will this work on the new AB Beta?

#58     Feb 8, 2005
  9. The exploration for Feb9 was really impressive:
    38 crosses, 0 bullish, 38 bearish !!
    [another important issue : many parabolics were interrupted in 5-6 days]

#59     Feb 10, 2005
  10. Hi,
    What can i say . I have been through quite a lot of the work you have done on this subject and others. Its not only the coding .(with a little practice anyone can code-maybe not as effectively ).Its the logic behind the codes .You really have a brilliant and original mind .
    Thanks a lot for sharing your mind.
    :)

#60     Feb 10, 2005