The last best-fit parabolic

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by TSOKAKIS, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Remiraz

Remiraz

#31     Oct 15, 2004
  2. #32     Oct 17, 2004
  3. Two characteristic examples:
    A. YHOO
    Dec31, the whole candle is on the right side of the best-fit parabolic.
    The signal is equivalent to Sell at next bar Open.
    B. ^N225
    To my knowledge, the best-fit parabolic was the only indicator suggesting an exit before the Jan5 session.

#33     Jan 5, 2005
  4. Looks like a good code for profit booking.
    About the explorations bit confusing for me?What does it signify.(g is positive ) .How about an exploration to show that the candle has crossed the parabolic either ascending or descending.
    Thanks .

#34     Jan 29, 2005
  5. Does anyone have Tradestation code for this indicator. If so, would appreciate it.

#35     Jan 30, 2005
  6. At the end of the code
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/gro...r/message/69570
    add the

Filter = IIf ( g , L > p , H < p ) ;
    AddColumn ( g , " g " , 1.0 ) ;

and explore for the n=1 last quotations.
    The result will give the stocks with the entire last candle above [below] the descending [ascending] best-fit parabolic.
    g is equal to 1 for the descending parabolic and it is equal to 0 for the ascending one.
    [the method gave an exit signal on Jan4 for the Nikkei index and a buy signal on Jan26 for the ^NDX]

#36     Jan 30, 2005
  7. The best-fit parabolic codes are in AFL [Amibroker Formula Language] . The last available [standard] version is 4.60 from amibroker.com.

#37     Jan 30, 2005
  8. TSOKAKIS,

I'm aware that this is AFL code. I think this indicator you created has alot of benefit.

Unfortunately I'm a Tradestation user, so that's why I was wondering if anyone had made a code conversion to Tradestation for this indicator.

If so, would they be willing to post it.

Thanks...

#38     Jan 30, 2005
  9. :) Thanks .This really is a gem of a good trading code .With a few modifications on the perc values we also get long term support/resistance lines. Wow. I would say its a very good job.

#39     Jan 30, 2005
  10. You saw it here, live on ET...sometimes this place amazes me.

#40     Jan 30, 2005