The largest single trading floor in the world

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ASusilovic, Feb 1, 2010.

1. tomk96

tomk96

that is one big a$$ floor

#11     Feb 3, 2010
  2. that would pretty much put them out of business and Credit Suisse would probably pick up the pieces, that would be one huge bank.....

#12     Feb 4, 2010
  3. This is so great! This is so impressive!

Thousands of traders come under the same roof to work together. So they can ignore each other.

#13     Feb 5, 2010
  4. Heh, it is amazing that 3 yrs into it, a lot of the ppl in the pictures have left. Will went to Teza. Jatin (and most of his team) went to Jefferies. Phil (head of equities at the time) is now running some special situation restructuring (aka MBS). The RBS floor is dead, with RBS effectively nationalized.

#14     Feb 5, 2010
  5. They work for the company, not for themselves. These are not private traders or market makers, they are UBS employees. They do anything but ignore each other.

And in the middle of it all, a shoeshine man, usually with 5-6 pairs of shoes to work on. Perhaps the most honest of them all :D

#15     Feb 5, 2010
  6. ken__0

ken__0

#16     Feb 6, 2010
  7. Looks like a huge LAN party to me :D

[​IMG]

#17     Feb 6, 2010
  8. dhpar

dhpar

second this.

i used to work for a while on a similar floor few years back - it was easily the most depressive environment i've ever encountered. it is not like the normal floor (like the one in 25th hour broker scene for instance) and it has a very gayish smell - traders with institutional experience will know what i mean.

#18     Feb 6, 2010
  9. this is the Floor :

[​IMG]

I hope that at least once I will able to go there IRL :D.

#19     Feb 6, 2010
  10. AK100

AK100

Wonder how many crimes are committed there every day?

#20     Feb 6, 2010