The kidnapped British soldiers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Evan Sayet is an ex liberal scum bag and now he is a neocon scumbag that really hates america. how can anyone watch this filth and think he is a real conservative.

#51     Mar 30, 2007
  2. Ya think? This isn't really up for debate. It has happened before. It is standard procedure for this to happen: coersion of detainees to produce false testimony for the purposes of local propoganda.

There is no evidence to support your hunch. What has led you to "believe" one way or another?

Perhaps you were not aware of the initial coordinates furnished by the Iranians to the British Government that actually, comically, confirmed that they were in Iraqi waters and not Iranian waters.

#52     Mar 30, 2007
  3. There is no difference between Communism and Americanism. Both are materialist, universalistic, and interventionistic. What is the difference between Communist "wars of national liberation" and ours? It's no good saying, we are sincere, because so are the Communists. Communism has a logic of its own which justifies everything Communists do. What's the difference? If the plutocracy of America decides that there's not enough "freedom" on the South Pole, that gives America the right to invade the South Pole. If it turns out that 100% of the people on the South Pole, or the penguins, or whatever, all hate Americans, that proves that they don't understand what "freedom" is, and should be bombed, starved, imprisoned, and brain-washed until they accept a puppet government set up by America. How does that differ from Communism? The only real difference is that Americanism is more successful economically. There's no more freedom, really. It's just not as crude. America is nothing but the greatest plutocracy the world has ever known. It's the only country that is fighting wars for special interests.

#53     Mar 30, 2007
  4. And what?

NO conspiracy for the hour on ET?

#54     Mar 30, 2007
  5. The UK and Iran were not at war and therefore, the captured British soldiers are not POW and the Geneva Convention does not apply.

However, even if the Geneva Convention did apply, the Iranians could come up with some mechanism to get around it much like was done for Gitmo.

In any event, since when did war crimes get punished?

#55     Mar 30, 2007
  6. the conspiracy is someone like evan is considered a conservative. there are you happy?

#56     Mar 30, 2007
  7. dont be mad that i am educated and you are ignorant. but hey, some people are happy with learning about the world from watching FOX news rather than from traveling abroad.

I never said we INVENTED slavery. learn to read. how can you even compare the scale of slave trade that went on in the USA to within african history? you cant if you dont know your history and blame africans for their own enslavement. black people did not have equal rights in this country until a few decades ago. more americans died fighting a war over slavery than all other wars combined. the facts are the facts. you dont get to pick and choose. just because some white americans were abolitionists does not mean slavery never happened. the persian empire banned slavery long before english and american christians even existed. so by your logic, that means modern day persia (Iran) is morally superior.

I never said communism was a morally superior option. Once again, you need to learn to read. You set your standards pretty low. Following your logic, South Americans should be happy that the dictators we put in place were less blood thirsty than stalin. instead of having 100,000 people purged in El Salvador, it could have been more if the commies were in power. yeah great logic. but it could have been lower too. and did you ever consider that maybe a country could choose to not be communist without having a dictator in place? how about if we put some honest non-corrupt leaders in power? nice to know that you would rather have the nazi's ruling the world rather than communists.

I never asked you to apologize. I asked that you be honest with reality. You obviously feel that Middle Eastern countries are uncivilized and inferior people. There might be progress arguing with someone who is simply ignorant but there is no hope arguing with someone who is also racist deep down inside.

#57     Mar 30, 2007
  8. Excellent job of rebuttal. However, like you said, you can't expect a faux news schooled racist klansman to accept facts as facts.

#58     Mar 30, 2007
  9. What a typical liberal response. Disagree with you and I'm not just wrong or misinformed, I have to be a hatefilled racist homophobic polluting scum.

I do agree it's a waste of time to debate this. You have your own dumbed-down version of history, painted in black and white. No gray areas, no need to balance unappealing options. And guess what? America is always the bad guy. I don't see it that way. Probably the millions of people who seek to immigrate here don't either.

#59     Mar 30, 2007
  10. Your a liberal and I'm not.
    Everytime a right ringer gets in a argument he can't win he starts calls names... your a liberal... Kinda how we used to tease each other in grade school.
    Even when wright wringers get in arguments with themselves the L word comes out when they get frustrated and don't know what to say... na na na your a liberal. It's weak and usually shows when one's been schooled in an argument. Anyone wants to call me a liberal will have to meet me behind the gym after 7th period.

#60     Mar 30, 2007