The kidnapped British soldiers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Mar 28, 2007.

1. All the British have to do to get these sailors back is to admit that they strayed over the border. Somehow, I don't see British society collapsing if they admit a mistake. If some Iranian sailors strayed over the border and were taken prisoner, they would be tortured at Abu Ghraib and then transferred to Guantanamo. Which side is the more "civilized"?

Whenever one of our soldiers was captured by the rebels in Iraq, Bush would appear on TV and say "We won't negotiate with terrorists." What he really meant is we're too cheap to pay ransom for some ordinary soldier. I guarantee you if a member of Congress were captured by the enemy in Iraq, our government would be paying the "terrorists" off with gold bars to get the portly, middle-aged pedophile Congressman released.

#41     Mar 30, 2007
  2. The British Navy might as well take down the Union Jack and fly a white flag from now on. They had a warship right there and did nothing? Just let them kidnap these sailors?

And it must make the British people very proud that they send a woman with a three year old child out on missions like this. It's no wonder the islamists don't respect us.

There is an obvious way out of this. Put a total blockade on Iran, bomb their one gas refinery and destroy or take over their Kharg Island oil terminal. As it is, they can create these incidents, then profit from the spike in oil prices.

Of course, Bush has to wait to get the green light from his bosses in Ryadh.

#42     Mar 30, 2007
  3. It was an act of war. Not a declaration of war. Two different things. In international law, if an act of war is perpetrated against a country, they have a right to respond.

#43     Mar 30, 2007
    #44     Mar 30, 2007
  5. Is that possible to get the related section of Geneva Conventons?

#45     Mar 30, 2007
  6. I would call you stupid but you are clearly the unfortunate victim of our govenment schools and probably a prestigious university "education" that has brainwashed you with multiculturalist nonsense.

If you can't discern a clear moral distinction between people who kidnap children and rig them with suicide bombs and our own country, which risks its soldiers lives to an extent never done in combat before to protect civilians, then you are blind.

If you think we invented slavery, you need to study african history. You might also reflect on the fact that English and American Christians led the abolitionlist movement.

If you think communism imposed by force was a morally superior option, you should study the history of vietnam, China or Cuba after communists took over. Or Russia. It killed more people than the Nazis ever dreamed of doing.

I don't apoligize for Western Civilization and I say without hesitation that our culture and our morality are far superior to that imposed by the islamists.

#46     Mar 30, 2007
  7. UK trooper apologises for trespassing Iranian territorial waters
    Another UK arrested royal marine N. Thomas Summers on Friday admitted that the 15 British sailors had trespassed on Iran's territorial waters on March 23 and extended his apology to the Iranian nation for the issue.

Speaking to reporters, the royal marine said, "We illegally trespassed on Iran's territorial waters and were arrested by the Iranian border guards and I would like to apologize the Iranian people for the issue."
    He said the Iranian forces captured the sailors and marines in a friendly manner and treated them well.

Referring to repeated illegal entry into Iranian territorial waters by the UK troopers and to the official commitment of British officials in the year 2004 on non-repetition of such violations, he apologized for illegal entry of the UK forces in the year 2004 too.

"Since we were arrested on March 23, 2007, everything has been OK and I am quite satisfied with the current conditions. Over the past days, Iranian forces have shown us a very friendly and good behavior and no ill treatment has been observed," said the sailor.

Another UK service person Fay Turney had already on Thursday expressed regret for illegal entry into Iranian territorial waters and described the Iranian border guards as very humane and good.

Fifteen British marine who illegally entered into Iranian territorial waters were arrested by the Iranian border guards.

The British media and officials have launched a wave of propaganda campaign against Iran immediately after capture of the British sailors and marines.

Regardless of the GPS surveys, monitored by Iran and offered to the British government, the British media insist that the British navy has not violated Iranian waters.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-22/0703308353134214.htm
    [​IMG]

#47     Mar 30, 2007
  8. Thanks for the link

#48     Mar 30, 2007
  9. I think that has been coerced from the captured soldier. However, I believe that the brits did wander into Iranian waters and the Iranians were just waiting for the opportunity. Maybe there was some kind of trap set up for the brits.

#49     Mar 30, 2007

10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c

#50     Mar 30, 2007