The kidnapped British soldiers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Indeed! Where's the outrage from the radical left, the media, the pacifists? Far as I'm concerned the Brits are being tortured. If everyone gets to have their own definition of torture, well, it's a two way street. Iran, nay the entire middle-east needs to be taught a lesson. A lesson that has zero regard for collateral damage. Everyone knows it's coming. Why not now? If not now, when? If not this incident, which incident? Take off the rose colored glasses.

#11     Mar 29, 2007
  2. The title of this topic is fundamentally flawed. There is no evidence whatsoever supporting the claim that the soldiers were kidnapped. The girl in the group admitted having entered Iranian waters illegally. To me, it all seems like a suspicious incident to incite war on Iran

The soldiers were either kidnapped in Iraqi waters OR captured in Iranian waters. Currently, as there is no evidence supporting either claim, we have to assume that they were simply captured.

#12     Mar 29, 2007
  3. Tens of thousands of these stupid perported Christians who write "In God we Trust" on their currency, kill each other every year through gun violence, bashings, poisonings domestic violence etc.
    When is Iran/North Korea (whoever) gonna do the rest of the world a favor and vaporise the USA?
    Screw the collateral damage turn the place into a car park!

#13     Mar 29, 2007
  4. I'd rather see the US turn into a Tchernobyl style Wildlife Reservation than to have us fight another war for foreign interests.

#14     Mar 29, 2007
  5. Of course those brits are being subjected to humiliation and mental torture. However, do we have the moral authority to point fingers?

#15     Mar 29, 2007
  6. fhl

fhl

Then would the left please stop pointing fingers at alleged cases of racism, gender discrimination, homophobia, etc.

#16     Mar 29, 2007
  7. The head scarf is obligatory for all women visiting or living in Iran. One can hardly call it a humiliation.

#17     Mar 29, 2007
  8. No, we don't. I was just pointing out the obvious double standard.

#18     Mar 29, 2007
  9. Iran is not representing "the Muslim World".
    By the way, it's kind of fun to watch the dance of arrogant Tony Blair and ugly Mahmoud Ahmadinejad....

#19     Mar 29, 2007
  10. Britain should guarantee not to violate Iran's waters again

#20     Mar 29, 2007