The Kangaroo ticket?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ak15

ak15

Naturally. He didn't ask the questions that people wanted him to ask. He asked the questions that Sarah Palin wanted him to ask. Obama does not lie about teleprompters which is Palin's wont.

Palin and the Teleprompter
    September 15, 2008 8:42 PM

At a fundraiser in Canton, Ohio, this evening, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin had an interesting description of her speech to the Republican convention.

“There Ohio was right out in front, right in front of me," Palin said. "The teleprompter got messed up, I couldn’t follow it, and I just decided I’d just talk to the people in front of me. It was Ohio.”

This struck many of us -- who, as she spoke, followed along with her prepared remarks, and noted how closely she stuck to the script -- as an unusual claim. (Especially those of my colleagues on the convention floor at the time, reading along on the prompter with her, noticing her excellent and disciplined delivery, how she punched words that were underlined and paused where it said "pause," noting that "nuclear" was spelled out for her phonetically

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalp...-and-the-t.html

#11     Sep 18, 2008
  2. Actually that's exactly what he does during his "interviews"

Here's some of what he "asked":

HANNITY: Governor, thank you for being with us.

HANNITY: All right. You said when you were asked to be Senator McCain's running mate that you didn't hesitate, you didn't blink. Tell us about the call, when that came.

HANNITY: What was your family's reaction? Was there time to huddle and have a hockey team meeting?

HANNITY: Let's talk about, Governor, obviously, the economy is on the minds of many Americans. We've got Lehman, we've got Merrill, we've got AIG. Senator Barack Obama yesterday was attacking Senator McCain for saying that the "fundamentals of the economy are strong."

Do you believe that the fundamentals of our economy are strong?

(Objection: leading the witness, your honor)

HANNITY: Is Senator Obama then using what happened on Wall Street this week? Is he using it for political gain? Is there a danger of a presidential candidate is saying to the world that America's situation of economic crisis is the worst that we've seen in decades — which was words that he was using yesterday — is there a danger in terms of the world hearing that?

(Leading the witness, so obviously, too.)

HANNITY: Who is responsible for these failing institutions, in your view?

(Softball, right over the plate -- embarrassing)

HANNITY: How connected is it, though, to Washington? You have 354 lawmakers got money from Fannie and Freddie — 354. If you look at the years from 1989 to 2008, the second top recipient was Senator Barack Obama. Should there be an investigation in terms of the relationship between the political donations and then, of course, the bankruptcy that ensued and the impact on the economy?

(Yes, after years of Republican rule let's have an investigation into Obama.)

HANNITY: Let's go in to that. The people of Alaska get — for example, there's no income tax, there's no sales tax in Alaska.

(Yay Alaska! What a great place! Yay! Even Palin has to correct his thwapping -- )

PALIN: There are in individual communities.

HANNITY: But no state sales tax.

HANNITY: The average citizen — if I was a resident of Alaska, you would write me a check every year for $2,069?

HANNITY: And then you also gave recently an extra check for $1,200?

HANNITY: I have to move to Alaska. New York taxes are killing me.

HANNITY: And coming up, Governor Palin tells us what exactly her role will be as vice president in a McCain administration.

#12     Sep 18, 2008
  3. Kinda makes you wonder if Hannity even needs guests on his show to conduct his "interviews," eh?

#13     Sep 18, 2008
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Democratic women as well as independent women now know that Mayor Palin made rape victims in Wasila pay for their rape kits themselves. The previous governor had to pass a state law to make sure that Palin's "let them eat cake" evil didn't spread to other Alaskan cities. That's last week's news, and you are clueless to not know that she is losing ground faster among women than among men.

#14     Sep 18, 2008