the jobs numbers were big surprise

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Warrior4g, Sep 7, 2007.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Perhaps, but moving lower on the list all the time.

#41     Sep 8, 2007
  2. I noticed that they also added another 11,000 financials jobs last month, too in the birth/death adjustment. thats now over 30,000 totally false jobs added via the adjustment.

if they haven't noticed, manufacturing, construction and finance sectors are laying off people, and smaller businesses are shutting down.

#42     Sep 8, 2007
  3. alex7

alex7

1. then show me a better indicator than CPI, which supports 6-7% inflation
    2. CPI has been criticized for overstating inflation
    3. the year/year change in core CPI is seen by most economists as the best measure of the underlying inflation rate = ~2%

#43     Sep 8, 2007
  4. Cesko

Cesko

To learn something new. I'd like to know why this time they didn't "cook up" the unemployment numbers?????
    Sometimes they "cook up" the numbers sometimes they don't? Why??Thank you.

#44     Sep 8, 2007
  5. Somebody needs a rate cut perhaps?

#45     Sep 8, 2007
  6. I have bought and upgrade computer roughly every 2 years for past 10years. I have bought gas for my truck in every 3 days and a bag of 4 liter milk every month during the same period of time.

The inflation was not 2% year over year. I wish it is true; but i can't.

#46     Sep 8, 2007
  7. computer costs are deflating, fwiw, not inflating

compare the cost of a 2 meg ram computer with a 17" monitor and a comparable processor now vs. 2 years ago.

duh

of course, this is true with many forms of technology. but the fact that you are upgrading computers does not mean that computer prices are inflating

they, obviously are not

my first computer it cost me several hundred dollars to buy 64k of ram for pete's sake.

#47     Sep 8, 2007
  8. alex7

alex7

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#48     Sep 8, 2007
  9. That is my point; We use computers to do job; it cost us roughly the same every time we have deiced to upgrade; no more than $3000 in every 2 years.

On the other hand; the gas; we have to deal with it in almost daily basis; which has greater impact to our company's bottom line;

And someone have the audacity to claim that cost of computer can push down inflation.

#49     Sep 8, 2007
  10. I see the things I need to pay regularly, and most of them are way up, examples:

Airfare is way up
    College Tuition is way up
    Rents are up
    Gas is way up
    Food is way up
    I rarely buy clothes, don't know, assume low
    Restaurants are up
    Utilility way up
    I rarely buy computers, don't know, assume low
    Real Estate taxes way up

try looking for shadow statistics on google. they have a comparison to what the numbers are as reported now vs what they would be if calculated the way they were before heudonics

http://www.shadowstats.com/cgi-bin/sgs?

#50     Sep 8, 2007