The Ivanovich Memorial Thread - Ivan has left the building...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. (very much still Ivanovich related)

Whoa Nellie, its time to dispense with the allowance of "old age + terminal illness = some sort of cancer = death can't be far off) afforded this clown, retaildaytrader = now a level playing field ...

(note: the time spent in my 6-7 posts here are well worth it to me - a few more and I'm done with this thread)

Serendipity ... I came to ET to learn to trade realtime - this mission has failed. So in this sense ONLY is the op correct. I'll figure it out on my own. But something far bigger has fallen in my lap - SENTIMENT ANALYSIS under Psychology\market psychology etc., .... (Price chart + Sentiment) = The complete warrior's weaponry.

And ET provides the 2nd component IN SPADES. And all that is req. to access it and make it useful is to OBSERVE!!! And I am using it and getting better at it and will continue.

Therefore for me anyway, ET is providing an excellent education!!!

:) :) :)

#51     Sep 1, 2010
  2. --------------------------------

All of the quote applied to you personally, psychology observed and noted in the back of my mind as I read thru' ET during the last several months in my ongoing internship here .............

you're 70+, have a terminal condition, were an oil rig laborer or at best a supervisor, clearly lack any form of education, are paranoid to the nth degree, overboard on self-medicating with a cabinet or more full of vitamins and whatnot, drink gallons of water compulsively daily, have all sorts of fetishes, were a total loser with women in NYC and hence pay 40 times the going price for hookers worldwide but 4-8 times the price for hookers on Beach rd., Pattaya - can't trade, rather treat it a videogame arcade and generally appear to be senile.

You put out a thread stating how a person should admit when he/she made a bad call, fess up to it etc. ... the serious tone in the thread was clear, but then you contradict yourself elsewhere ......

"so what if the call is wrong, its all fun and entertainment, top or bottom, I don't care"

There is a whole lot more about you, but your low level of responsibility comes out clearly in the last para above. There's no need to look further.

Even though there is anonymity at a message board, a poster (every poster) has his own level of internal responsibilty because even if the public doesn't know who he is, the poster certainly knows his own identity.

My conclusion is that you're a low responsibility individual and will continue to pollute the TRADING forum (to me its a Tabernacle) and make a mockery of it.

You're lucky it was Ivan (kind and forgiving) you dealt with; had it been me I'd have shot you on the spot! Make no mistake about this.

You're a disease and I could be the cure.

#52     Sep 1, 2010
  3. Wishing Ivan the best of luck in life.

Requesting that all be forgiven and forgotten and Ivan brought back as senior or supermod and given a free hand in making this a better place for traders.

peace to all :)

#53     Sep 1, 2010
  4. So far, all I see you can do is make posts on ET. How about throwing up some account statements demonstrating your new found trading education? Let me help you out. See that Print Screen key? That will do a screen shot. Then you can size it down with the Paint program.

Dont worry, many people here rarely post statements and are just all talk;) I noticed how you posted right during work hours. Dont let the boss catch you.

#54     Sep 1, 2010
  5. Baron could have chosen to CLEAN this place up years ago . . . by getting rid of Forums that have absolutely nothing to do with TRADING, such as the Politics and Religion Forum where most of ET's "trolls" and multi-user screen names literally "live".

But Baron knows that such a move would have dramatically cut down on his website traffic.... So, instead of making it easier to be a moderator and cut down on all of the riff-raff, Baron chose not to. As a result, the Mods are besieged with a thankless job that is never ending.

For Baron, it's all about web-hits and generating web-traffic.
    Doesn't matter how polluted the website becomes, or how low it "sinks" when it comes to content, or how many foul-mouthed racists it attracts. I would suggest that this website peaked YEARS AGO as far as ELITE TRADING CONTENT is concerned.... and Baron couldn't care less about it.

Ivan was a pro-active Mod.
    I'm surprised that he lasted as long as he did.
    But Baron couldn't really care less.

Sad.

#55     Sep 5, 2010
  6. I think you missed the last post by Baron to you on the Politics and Religion section. There is no way to keep Politics and Religion related posts out of the other sections except with a very dedicated moderator. So Baron needs to find a moderator who is willing to turn away from everything else in their lives in order to filter out all the discussion of politics and religion...not going to happen.

The way Baron deals with the issue is by the creation of a seperate forum for the discussion of politics and religion. If that forum did not exist then the other sections would run rampant with off-topic discussions of Obama and the like.

Secondly, the Elitetrader board is not geared for all professional traders, but all types of traders. You may have come here expecting to see Tiger Woods, but what you found is a bunch of guys who just got their first golf club yesterday therefore you are disappointed. So its not Baron that is the one who is at fault, but it is you due to your misplaced expectations.

If you have a lot of things to say about trading and want to be heard, then you can create your own blog on a service like blogger or build your own website. That way you can talk about trading all day long...you can moderate your own board all day long and have your own audience. However, you keep coming back here to bitch and complain because you are not seeing Tiger Woods. Im certain either someone will read your own blog/board as you traded with Paul Tudor Jones...either that or you will be served with a Summons&Complaint by Tudor for defamation and the misuse of his name/likeness.

IMHO, I think the problem is you and not ET.

#56     Sep 6, 2010
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

good observation, nice!

#57     Sep 6, 2010
  8. I think P&R is a smudge on ET. It may add to posts and hits and so on, but it diminishes the integrity of the site. It is becoming more and more difficult to keep the pH balance in check, by countering the growing baseness with appropriate levels of acidity.

#58     Sep 7, 2010
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

You obviously don't know jackshit about running a user content website as ET, so let me educate you.
    For starter, what do you think how many website can run:

1. Profitably,
    2. For longer than 10 years,
    3. With very little change?????

Probably less than 1 in 5000, so Baron obviously know and do something what most website owners don't/can't.

The Religion and Politics forums do the OBVIOUS, taking away the stupid and the heat from the trading related more valuable threads. Think of it as a safety valve or a sandbox for adult kids... :)

There is a very simple thing for you to do if you are annoyed by them, don't read them. THAT simple....

Oh yes, you are welcome!

#59     Sep 7, 2010
  10. That's all anybody can do - we can't eat, sleep, fck or play soccer.

>>>> How about throwing up some account statements demonstrating your new found trading education? <<<<

Demonstration of my trading education is in the threads authored by me - and in most replies. Hard to miss. That is why I'm here. An internship is what its called.

>>>> Let me help you out. See that Print Screen key? That will do a screen shot. Then you can size it down with the Paint program. <<<<<

Stop right there. Take those account statements and shove them up yours or anyone's ass. They are worthless; too easy to fake and doctor and then there is the question of "whose?"

Far superior is the date and time stamp of ET. A fellow who posts live trades is the complete credibility package. Every single one of my live trades is posted. Granted they are just a few in number but I am a beginning trader - hopefully this will pick up next year or it may not in which case I'll continue to practise and learn OR simply not trade at all.

>>>> I noticed how you posted right during work hours. Dont let the boss catch you. <<<<

Are you just totally retarded or perennially stoned on pussy? I have no boss, don't work in an office or anywhere else for that matter, do all market stuff from home - been on retirement since age 39.

#60     Sep 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.