The Ivanovich Memorial Thread - Ivan has left the building...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I use a subscription proxy service and have represented that in the forum. The service rotates the ip addresses through a 128-bit encrypted tunnel. The servers are in Arizona, Texas, the Netherlands, NJ, Denver, Virginia...many other random places. I also only use the wi-fi at places like Starbucks, on the road when I travel or at places of business which are not fixed. I have a subscription with ATT wi-fi that I use when I am not at Starbucks. I dont have home internet...which is why I use an encrypted VPN for added security while on the road doing my business.

So since I use a subscription proxy service, you automatically assume that I am another alias. Maybe that guy on a bike in the tights is Floyd Landis?

Guys like Ivan are pure entertainment as their insane delusions pour out on the internet for all to see. This is a perfect example of why ET is such great entertainment and why I spend my time here. Ivan would be a great trader if he just traded what he saw then follow the road of delusion believing all guys riding a bike are Landis and all guys using proxy servers are some other alias.

So if I am this other alias? Then maybe you lost the battle and I win. I know, I shouldnt be playing games with someone who is undergoing delusions. Hehe...

Dont worry Ivan. Folks with insane delusions can be successful too. Look at Jim Cramer.

#41     Aug 27, 2010
  2. Ivan was the best, who's the dooshbag that took his place:D

#42     Aug 28, 2010
  3. after all the shit that Ivan got, it is my duty to advise the Mod in charge of the Trading forum to remain anonymous.

Johny Shortie Cochran Jr. Out :cool:

#43     Aug 28, 2010

4. take the last sentence first ..... its entertainment for you that behind the scenes the many traders who took those setups lost money?

taking the rest ... where at ET has this happened?

#44     Aug 29, 2010

5. If I don't get it, I can tell you for sure, I'd love to get it. :)

But after being here for 10 months ..... here are my conclusions and more importantly, why I'm still here.

you say education on trading is in the general attitude ....

bollox! This place is loaded to the hilt with liars and pretenders. They all lose money the same way!!! :D :D All are money losers in a broader sense of the term.
    In any other place in real life these people would be thrown out on their asses. Incompetence is stratospherically HIGH here.

------------------

But as hopeless as it is, is there a better trading place than ET? ..... No

Could I get lucky and some changes made here so that I get what I came here to learn? ... Yes

Are there some other things I like about ET? Yes, the structure is good, I like baron and the mod team (elsewhere I've seen dirty mods even worse than LA cops). Baron hit the jackpot with the high tolerance match for real-life bad language. No other site can match ET for this.

#45     Aug 29, 2010

6. (1) Forget about the other boards. Let's just talk about only ET.

I agree that it is now very unlikely that the "learn to trade realtime" will come from an individual in a method - but you see, I've already picked up 3 great macro things from TraderZones and 1 excellent tidbit from a realtime trader here at ET - the latter is not any trading advice or method per se, it was something that was said, that fired an idea within me - this is helping bigtime ... and there might be more like this .... which could lead to ... it coming together ...

(2) I have no subscriptions, don't ask for advice, and I've shitcanned all trading books as worthless. Financial news on the other hand, now that's entertainment. :)

(3) You say I will not be able to find an education here! I'll say I came pretty close to it, in fact was right on the threshold of it - but then Ivan left. If he had stayed or the owner could see that Ivan was an asset of superior quality, I believe some big changes would be made - then when successful traders who've forsaken this place, see the improvements, they might come back. ET would then shine like a star and if so, who the fck in his right mind would want to leave? ... it would be like a continuing education on improvements in techniques or whatever ....

#46     Aug 29, 2010

7. As funny as the pic is, you're wrong that Ivan didn't understand it. He even said sthg to that effect a couple times.

But not everybody at ET is like what you portray - sure many are, maybe even most are, but there are some silent ones who probably just look on in dismay. Its these silent ones I would like to hear from. I'm not going to say any names, but in my forex thread I came across 2 such individuals. They were also probably waiting for some major change at ET before they decided to offer any serious help.

#47     Aug 29, 2010
  8. I am 100% certain that if you were to meet any of the people behind these aliases in real life then you would be surprised on how different they are when compared to your expectations.

I would not assume or believe anything about the folks who author these articles. Even if I met them in real life, then I would still not make any assumptions or believe anything. It takes several weeks to several years of one-on-one in-person meetings to really get to know and trust someone. Even after several years, you may still never to get to really "know" a person. There are some people that I would never trust even after seeing them everyday for the last several years. In any even, getting to know a person is not possible over an internet forum.

Believe what you want to believe, but the fact is the internet is fantasy and illusion. A true fool is one who believes what they see on the internet.

#48     Aug 30, 2010
  9. Goodbye, Ivan, we hardly knew ye...

Good-night, Sweet Ivan, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...

Le Ivan Est Mort, Vive Le Ivan!

#49     Aug 30, 2010
  10. Now that everyone has said their final words. It is now time lower the Ivanovich alias into the grave.

Baron...Joe, you can now properly close this thread...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Flu3MRl72yg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Flu3MRl72yg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#50     Aug 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.