The Ivanovich Memorial Thread - Ivan has left the building...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't have a quiet posting history.
    I have never had a problem with a moderator. I don't remember actually agreeing with one on issues outside of trading (economics, politics) but that don't count.
    If you have a problem with a moderator or with the forgiving moderation on this forum, look in the mirror, and figure out why.
    It ain't their fault, just in case that was too subtle for you.

#31     Aug 25, 2010

2. Does any of what you wrote above have to do with the obvious fight/argument you had with Ivan? I was there and saw it, all of it.

Let that grudge go, man. Just put yourself in his shoes for a day and go thru' his mod duties of reading tons of stuff and see how you cope with the vast arrays of shit (including mine) that any mod has to read. Even JOB would go home and knock down a pint and beat off in exasperation and frustration.

He once said that he did Baron a favor because he loves trading and the game and wanted to help make this a better place. Just with a single such sentence, I'd give him a whole lotta leeway and latitude.

Hey, but that's me. Your mileage is obviously different.

have a good one, Pops. :)

#32     Aug 25, 2010

3. Baron would be laughing all the way to the bank that he got some volunteers aka salt of the earth to work for free. :)

#33     Aug 25, 2010
  4. Sure I had my internet fights with Ivan, but I think there are quite a few people that Ivan rubbed the wrong way with his thread moving/deleting/editing ways. Not only would he move the thread, but step on the guys toes and insult them. Compare that with Magna who would simply lock the thread and then send a message quoting the rules of the board. Magna would never post a public insult about anyone unlike Ivan. Magna would never make it a personal battle. For Magna, either you broke the rules of the board or you didnt. If your broke the rules, then the thread gets locked and a message pops in your inbox explaining why and quoting the rules of the board.

I was never really mad at him though. In fact, I did not really care. I do not take internet message boards seriously or personally. I know some people make their living from here finding clients or getting people to subscribe to their site, but I sure dont make one dime off this board. This place, for me, is pure entertainment. I dont take one bit of it seriously.

If anyone comes away from Elitetrader pissed off or holding a grudge then they need to rethink their lives. If a bunch of anonymous aliases are pissing them off, then they need to get a life.

#34     Aug 26, 2010

5. I've now read you say this very same thing at least 10 times. But your posts' sentiment belie this "I don't give a fck about message boards" - if it is pure entertainment for you then you are as insane as that fellow you called partially insane, William Rennick.

If you call this entertainment you might as well shoot yourself and get it over with. If this is entertainment its the bottom of the barrel type.

This is a trading site and there are quite a few that come here to actually improve their trading, to develop skills, to learn from the capable or what have you.

I believe Ivan was trying to bring these standards back. This is what I wanted out of ET - this is the reason I came here and it still is - to learn something. If I want entertainment, this is the last place I'd visit for such. A bar would be infinitely superior or even a fckin whorehouse.

If I were to ever run this site, Ivan would be back and TraderZones, ET's #1 asset, would be working in tandem with Ivan.

This site would then rock for traders who truly want to learn and get better at the business of trading.

All the cocksuckers who want to entertain themselves would be shot on sight! I'd line them all up and fire a missile right thru' their asses.

#35     Aug 26, 2010
  6. You are not going to find out how to trade from any public message board. Even if there were 100 Ivan's then you still would not be able to learn how to trade profitably.

Let me give you a fine example. There is a certain very popular blog out there with a very active comments section. The owner of that blog has made quite a few of the commenters moderators. When there is even a slightly trollish post, the IP address and poster get banned right away. On that blog, setup after setup is posted with most of them failing and going wrong. As people get frustrated, they start to post more trollish posts and they too get banned. So its entertainment seeing setup after setup fail, but all of the posters are still intact.

Let me give you a little advice. If you look to learn, then pick up the more popular trading books...read them. Do not follow the advice of others. Do not watch the fianancial news, cancel your subscriptions and just figure it out on your own.

If you look for an education here then you will not find it. Watching you guys try to find an education on a public message board is entertainment.

#36     Aug 26, 2010
  7. Eight

Eight

He has two of my aliases on ignore, I called him Art, for some reason that was a sore spot with the guy.... still, he could moderate the heck out of this place, could he not?

#37     Aug 26, 2010
  8. You're a BS artist, that's for sure.
    As for education on how to trade, it's all over the place on here. It's even in the general attitude, which deadbroke doesn't get either, but that's OK: trade with the market. Predicting the random is silly.
    It's one of those things you either get or you don't. Like this board, actually.
    I'd advise you to leave, knowing you would never take that advice.

#38     Aug 26, 2010
  9. Your posts in this thread have had so many inaccuracies that it's difficult to know where to begin when addressing them.

That and the fact that you're this old user really makes arguing with anything you say useless.

That's right, I kept all the IPs, proxies and history. Not to mention that anyone reading your posts can easily tell your style. It's never changed.

#39     Aug 26, 2010
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Ivan has always been very fair and very helpful

I Sincerely Thank You Sir

RN

#40     Aug 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.