The Islamic Republic of Egypt

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by 377OHMS, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

btw dipshit, i did not mean to say that dubai is necessarily a police state, i edited my post but you were to fast to respond to it. What i meant to say was that it depends on how you judge a police state, if you judge it by having much harsher penalties on crimes, and having much tougher laws in comparison to other westernised countries, then yes it is a police state. But where is the bar set for what is and isnt a police state? Its not like there is some perfect level at which if you do more or less you are a police state, it is all in the eyes of the beholder.

Its all relative, if you compare Dubai to Canada, dubai looks alot like a police state, if you compare Dubai to another middle eastern shit hole run by fanatics then no it isnt really a police state. Im sure some woman coming from Afghanistan who gets stoned to death if she cheats on her husband, and has to walk around in a burka all day would think that dubai was the perfect bastion of freedom if she moved there. But if i moved there from a country like Canada with very light sentencing, and less strict laws, and less Police controlling my life i would think i was being oppressed.

#21     Jan 29, 2011
  2. Hello

Hello

The ironic thing is that he comes on here trying to preach that muslims are all good peaceful people, then he pops off into angry violent tirades at the first sign of dissent from another user. Hes not exactly achieving his goal.

The funny thing is I actually agree with the lunatic that most western muslims are good people, and i have supported them many times on this site, but he is the one who is misrepresenting moderate muslims, not me, and he feels the need to go into these violent tirades as though it supports his position.

#22     Jan 29, 2011
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol yep, model citizen. :D

#23     Jan 29, 2011
  4. If the global financial terrorists, facilitated by a corrupt government, were not oppressing the good people of Egypt, Radical Islam wouldn't be a consideration. You look for the source of the problem and you'll find a god damned banker, guaranteed.

#24     Jan 29, 2011
  5. jem

jem

If you were those fools in Hollywood who got obama elected and you are pro Israel, I would bet over the next 18 months you are going to see that you made the perhaps the largest mistake in human history.

I can not believe how close we are to watching it all unfold.
    Isrealis must be shitting in their pants at this very moment.

Oil,
    ME revolution,
    radical muslim
    Far from pro Israeli U.S. president - with little experience as statesmen
    American people tired of wars
    U.S. military stretched thin
    FED Reserve and US bankers close to losing power

This could get really ugly really fast... and the toughest American in the administration is Hillary Clinton. (that is not an insult to her).

#25     Jan 29, 2011
  6. Islam is good or bad is irrelevant! Political islam is as corrupt as your political christianity and your political judiesem. You are all corrupt, hateful and undemocratic.

I am not a muslim, I am a leftist Atheist you right wing religious nut case. I despise Islam as much as I despise christianity and judisem.

#26     Jan 29, 2011
  7. Larson

Larson Guest

As in QE debasing the world's reserve currency, leading to syrocketing wheat prices? This is a witches brew unfolding before the world's eyes. I think some of the Egyptians are hungry. That is what usually drives people into the streets. As some other idiot poster on this site stated that "Bernanke is exporting inflation to China". Well. it ain't only China obviously. In that scenario, the bankers will lose, eventually.

#27     Jan 29, 2011
  8. Thats not an observation you made there its a collection of fears and conspiracy theories.

#28     Jan 29, 2011
  9. One thing is for sure Muslim brotherhood will NOT take over Egypt. President Mubarak has been using the muslim brotherhood as a scare tactic to coerse western govts to support him.

Egypt has a large educated middle class, 10% of the population is christian. People in Egypt like most other arab countries want to get rid of dictatorships. Isreal and the great people of the jewish state should not see arabs wanting freedom as threat to their security. US talks a good talk about democracy but we have a long history of supporting dictators around the world...

#29     Jan 29, 2011
  10. When Biden was asked, just yesterday, if he thinks that the Mubarak Regeim is a democratic one, he replied "Yes! After all, they support Israel"

That statement spread like fire in the hay on the streets of Egypt.

Good job Biden!

#30     Jan 29, 2011