The Investment Currency Mechanism, the UK and the Financial Transaction Tax.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jan 27, 2012.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

2. Eight

Eight

+1

3. morganist

morganist Guest

4. "The relationship with America and Oil is synergistic and perpetuating. It provides stability for the US dollar, which then provides a demand from the seller of oil to hold the US dollar due to its stability. It has been one of the main reasons for the economic strength of America for the last hundred years."

---------------------

So I can make the assumption that energy independence for the US is a negative for our currency?

Those dang oils speculators are quite the patriots.

5. You'd love it a whole lot more if you hired yourself a "promoter" (aka spammer). Make a list of 100 relevant web sites, log in and post your link.

Start a 'econmist" fan club. :D

The Huffington Post's has a Create Your Own Religion Competition (economics is a religion) dream up a dogma for kicks. All potential economic spiritual leaders have to do is come up with a name, set of beliefs, rituals, and holidays for their economic religion and submit them; the best entries are then posted online and rated.

Will you be Number #1???

(I might just be kidding here...:cool: :D )

6. morganist

morganist Guest

The problem is not energy independence. It is whether people trade whatever energy in your dollars. This is main reason there were wars in the middle east. Iraq was trading oil in euro's also Iran is selling oil to India and others in gold. Big trouble in little baghdad.

In relation to promoter. I have Bearice. I you haven't noticed he is rather good at spamming. Bearice is raging fire.

7. morganist

morganist Guest

Seriously did you think it was good article?

8. I thought it was well written. You did a nice job of blending US and the UK points of view.The article was informative for the type of reader of the Huff Post as opposed to say writing for other academics or some think tank blather.

Also, being able to identify your reader and writing to the audience you did a good job.

After finishing the article the impression I had was "tell me more". This is a good thing.

Maybe that would be a writing niche where you explore UK policy with US and the current global situation. This might be a way to separate yourself from the pack of mainstream economists.

9. morganist

morganist Guest

I have a portfolio of work really technical stuff. I just need promotion and blogging is good. I am good at it I think. No other blogger I now publishes their work at other organisations I get credibility for that.

I am just waiting for my usual bitchy Martinghoul 'Your Wrong'. With no explanation as to why. Then I have done my work for the week.

10. morganist

morganist Guest