The Internet Sales Tax Rush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wjk, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

We (not you apparently) understand that governing costs money.

#11     Apr 23, 2013
  2. I buy online for the same reasons. But I also buy local if convenient and the cost difference isn't too much. I can see the argument from the states and from local business owners, why should they be at a disadvantage from an out of state or out of country seller. The local business men invest in local real estate, school system and have a vested interest in the community. There is no reason that an out of state business should get a better financial break than the states own citizens.

This coment is about the sales taxes not an additional tax on top of that, which I would be against.

#12     Apr 23, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

And too much governing costs too much money, moron.

#13     Apr 23, 2013
  4. When u spend money, or in the case of taxes, have it taken from you.. don't you expect to see desirable results from your 'contribution'? And when the spending does NOT achieve the intended results, or it isn't being used in the way that is was justified when it was taken from you, do you still feel that you should be paying for it?

Our govt wastes money hand over fist. There is nothing wrong with questioning just what the fuck we are already being taxed for, never mind paying more. let's use last weeks boston bombers as a single example. We spend vast amounts of money on domestic law enforcement agencies to keep us safe. Yet, they couldn't prevent the attack, and if it weren't for the public, they may not have even caught these guys despite one of them being SINGLED OUT YEARS AGO by the russians. Just think about how inept that is. The older dude was singled out as an extremist, and investigated by the FBI, but after he was caught on tape, they needed the public to id him. LOL.. can it get more dysfunctional than that?

#14     Apr 23, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Government is not doing everything wrong, so I'm not complaining about every dollar of the taxes I pay.

#15     Apr 23, 2013
  6. Where did I say they were? oh right, i didn't. What I said was, they waste money hand over fist, and gave you a very recent example which exposed (a fraction of) said waste.

What did this country do before all of these agencies existed?

#16     Apr 23, 2013
  7. California is a perfect example.

In the 1960s, California state and local taxes were about 10.3% of the total state economy. Now total state and local taxes are 11.5% of the total economy.

In the 1960's, California schools and infrastructure were both rated in the top 5 in the country. Now California schools are ranked 23rd and the state's roads and bridges are ranked 45th (despite having the highest gas taxes in the country that are supposed to be used to maintain roads and bridges.)

I don't mind paying higher taxes if I get something for it, but California is a classic example of bad management destroying the state. There's no amount of tax money that will fix California's corrupt and incompetent politicians.

#17     Apr 23, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

We did just fine, in fact better than we're doing now. And did it for a lot less money.

#18     Apr 23, 2013
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Why should a co. in one state pay a tax for services provided in another?

#19     Apr 23, 2013
  10. Hmnnn... collecting sales tax costs money. How are corps and business's compensated for collecting sales tax? Do you expect some lame ass E bay seller to file a minimum 50 sales tax returns 4 times a year?

#20     Apr 23, 2013