The internet needs to be censored

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kicking, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Why aren't they listening to the complainers by closing the sites and tracing the distributors? Don't tell me that it's too difficult, because IP adresses can be found and traced easily at P2P networks and sites hosted in the US. I guess the police have higher priorities such as enforcing airport security and searching for terrorists...

#21     Mar 22, 2007
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

you dont have kids do you???

#22     Mar 22, 2007
  3. gblnking

gblnking

Actually I'm a single father of a teenage daughter. I asked her nicely not to use the My Space website and later caughte her using it. So, since I can't monitor it 24/7 I got rid of the internet. Granted she can use a host of differant places to get it if she really wants to but I don't use that as an excuse to throw up my hands. I'm a diligent father. I call all of her friends parents and talk to them routinely, I monitor her grades, and occasionally I search her room. I do what is in my power to do. That is my responsibility. I am very proud to say that my daughter will be graduating from high school soon. She's not pregnant, doped up on drugs, or an alcoholic. I'm not so closed minded to beleive that she hasn't experimented in anything "bad" but I have no reason to beleive that there is any problem. She maintains a very good GPA and has a variety of good college choices. It's my responsibility to raise my daughter and I've taken that very seriously.

#23     Mar 22, 2007
  4. yes you are

#24     Mar 22, 2007