The Insanity, the insanity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Our navy in these times of huge deficits will do its part to make the deficit bigger:

"The Navy just signed deals to buy 450,000 gallons of biofuels — arguably the biggest purchase of its kind in U.S. government history. The purchase is a significant step for Navy Secretary Ray Mabus’ plans to transform the service into an energy efficient fleet. But at nearly $1,100 per barrel — eight times the price of traditional fuel — the new fuels won’t come cheap."

That's about $26/gallon-even higher than those Eurowennies pay.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/201...op+Stories+2))&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Seneca

2. pspr

pspr

Jeez. Reminds me of the $100 hammers and $200 toilet seats.

Maybe the Navy should think about drilling for their own oil in the U.S.A. Maybe in Anwar?

3. Ricter

Ricter

Volume begets discounting.

4. Probably another payoff for campaign contributors.

It shows just how much waste there must be in the Defense budget, if they think this is a good idea.

5. at nearly $1,100 per barrel — eight times the price of traditional fuel
    ------------------

Why does the press even bother printinng these lame ass stories? Who cares? If anyone cares will it change anything? None of this is going to make a dent in my wallet. The price could be $10,000 per barrel for all I care, I'd rather have my incandescent bulb back.

6. They got that nonsense from Democrats.

7. Ricter

Ricter

I can remember when timeshare (early stage of the internet) was measured in dollars per second.

8. kut2k2

kut2k2

The US Navy has the world's second biggest air force. That tells you all you need to know about their wasteful spending.

9. Ricter

Ricter

How do you know it's not a highly efficient second biggest air force?

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

And the sheeple chanted: "hope and change...hope and change..."

#10     Dec 5, 2011