The Insanity That Some People Refer To as MA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 3, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Today's bankruptcy rate is ten times what it was during the Great Depression, foreclosures are at a 37-year high and the United States has a negative savings rate, yet we're told every day that the economy is going gangbusters.

http://www.alternet.org/workplace/49678/

#21     Apr 5, 2007
  2. There truly is a divergence developing, and a massive one, between the U.S., and the rest of the world.

I do realize I sound cliche, because we've heard it so many times, in the most generic sense, but the hard data does support this.

The U.S. economy is becoming a significantly smaller catalyst of global growth and consumption, especially when it comes to the basics needed to build out infrastructure.

#22     Apr 5, 2007
  3. wave

wave

Hey your going to piss off all those CFA / MBA guys. But yes, I spent years testing that stuff as well, nothing special there. The only fundamentals that are any worth are insider info. Everything else can easily be duplicated or replaced with simple price and volume. But for those who wish to spend their precious lives pouring over reports I admire you, but it really ain't necessary.

It's really just a bunch of manipulated smoke and mirror nonsense.

The only fundamental skill you need is the ability to see forward into the future, to be able to predict trends. What will be the next hot thing. Check out WIMAX technology.

INVEST in trends and trade everything else.

#23     Apr 5, 2007
  4. Yeah, I've been dollar cost averaging with DXD. Was thinking of buying more at the close today but will wait till next week and see what the market does.

I'm still bearish for the rest of the year.

If the Dow tests all time highs again, I am loading up for an inevitable pullback or I'm just really screwed if it continues to climb.:mad:

#24     Apr 5, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

the market will most likely test new highs very soon.

#25     Apr 5, 2007
  6. delsolbf

delsolbf

I wanted to buy MA when it first came out but analysts were against it. Been watching it sky rocket ever since waiting for a short position. Stock should go down but who knows.

#26     Apr 5, 2007
  7. vetten

vetten

shorting MA

looking on the chart for confirmation

by then you probably missed the boat.
    others might think it will bounce back and they will short then,
    but its all a risky game.

I just sometimes wonder about those high fliers to do the following:

why not determine their ATR and sit there with a short at say
    2 or 3xATR and adjust your short everyday after market close.
    It might take a long time, but eventually you`ll be right on the money and the only thing it takes is patience.

Is there a site that calculates ATR free of charge?

well what do you guys think of this system?:)

#27     Apr 5, 2007