The Insanity That Some People Refer To as MA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Some of you guys like to focus on the fundamentals of an equity.

I used to focus on what I believed to be the fundamentals and have been proven wrong in the end. Proven wrong many times over.

Instead focus on the aspect of a trade. You dont have to believe in the equity, you dont have to marry it. All you want is for the price to go from point A to Point B and then exit.

The business model doesnt matter, the P/Es do not matter. Just focus on the trade. Everything else is a distraction.

#11     Apr 3, 2007
  2. topdown

topdown

At the start of reading the above post, I was thinking stock_trad3r was one of them there crazy, speaking in tongues, snake handlin' lunatic religious fanatics.

After reading the last sentence, I realized he isn't crazy.:D

#12     Apr 3, 2007
  3. Gurmail

Gurmail

I agree with you, Bylosellhi. However no one else seems to see the absurd valuations. Just last month they missed the earnings estimates and it fell from around 110 to 100. Now, a few weeks later, nothing has changed and it is back to 108- 110. :(
    I have been waiting forever for it to head back toward the 50s. Amex lawsuit and discovery process sem to have just disappeared. Nothing in the news about it for the last year. Unbelieavable how the anaylsts said that MA didn't know how much their company was worth !! That they underpriced it at the IPO of 39. MA's prospectus clearly stated the risks and pending problems. They said they were going public to " transfer the liability onto shareholders " . Everyone has been blind to any potential downsides.

#13     Apr 3, 2007
  4. Gurmail

Gurmail

I really would love other people's views on MA.

#14     Apr 4, 2007
  5. I see it at 85 by August. I also hope the Dow is in the 11k-12k range by then or I'll be a lot poorer.

#15     Apr 5, 2007
  6. Gurmail

Gurmail

Do you know what happened to the Amex lawsuit ? It seems to have disappeared.:mad:

#16     Apr 5, 2007
  7. You better hedge with Ultradow if you stay short.

#17     Apr 5, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

MA is going lower in my opinion.

#18     Apr 5, 2007
  9. I agree.

VISA is everywhere I want to be.

MA has been artificially propped by the limited number of publicly traded credit card behemoths.

#19     Apr 5, 2007
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Go see "MAXED OUT".

will make you think alot different the next time you use that piece of plastic to make your next purchase.

#20     Apr 5, 2007