The inflation trade is back on

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Sep 22, 2008.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Crude has gone from 90 to 122-124 range (last I checked) in less than a week. More than half the move occured today. That doesn't look too premature to me.

Crude (today) and gold (Wednesday) both set records for 1-day gains. If this isn't a return of the rally, I'm not sure what it is.

But I'll admit, these are some crazy times and it's hard to say what's around the corner. It's difficult to compare it to anything in the past, including 2006. I remember that year very well. Like this year, I held gold stocks through a 20%+ correction then back into profits. The rapid decline was similar to this year (with hedge fund blowups, etc.) , but the recovery was much faster this time...this recovery is simply unprecedented.

Even with all the uncertainty, though, the flight from the Dollar and inflationary expectations seem pretty obvious. It's hard to argue against commodities and a weak USD...at least for awhile.

#11     Sep 22, 2008
  2. You obviously have not been involved in the markets for very long.

The October Crude Oil contract expired on Monday. It's called a SHORT SQUEEZE.

Nothing more.
    Nothing less.

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Whew. What a relief.

Good to know they will stop printing at 5:00 PM.

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. So what were your entry prices? Are these real money positions?

#14     Sep 29, 2008