The Importance of the number "3"

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by golablue, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Throughout my studies of Technical Analysis, I have come across the number 3 repeatedly:

Three fans, three lines, three market phases, triple tops, head and shoulders(three peaks), three types of gaps, three market directions, three points to define a trend, etc........

I am wondering if anyone else has come to notice the same, and if anyone has done any study into the significance of this number.

I am also curious as to whether or not anyone has applied the number three in their own trading strategies, independent of the aforementioned classic T.A. patterns.

Any thoughts/comments are appreicated.

2. 1/ risk
    2/ reward
    3/ % accuracy

3. 1/ .618
    2/ .5
    3/ .382

4. also a number of significant importance on price imo. gawd knows why...is thought as the perfect number by many.

5. bitrend

bitrend

3 (Bulls, Bears, Pigs).:D

Which one you are?

6. One for the money...two for the show.....
    Sorry, couldnt resist:D

7. segv

segv

"And the LORD spake, saying, first shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, is counted, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

-segv

8. triangular synthetic currency pair....

9. How about number "2"?

High / Low

Up / Down

Buy / Sell

Win / Loss

Then what about "4"?

Open / High / Low / Close

Who else is delusional ?

10. opm8

opm8

Pick any number and you'll find it "everywhere in nature" if you want to bad enough. Useless for trading.

--opm8

#10     Mar 22, 2006