The "Im an Idiot" thread

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Anunakki, Jan 25, 2007.

1. risky63

risky63

when the es first came out I tried to trade it by watching the prem. on cnbc"s comm. summary every minute....without a realtime chart.

it was like riding my thundercat across a fozen lake at night w/out a headlight to find that somebody had plowed a road across the lake that day...( yup, did that too) at 70 mph!

#11     Jan 25, 2007
  2. moron28

moron28

Backtesting an automatic trading bot with historical data but sending the orders (market orders) out to a live account. Within a few seconds, I'd lost about $2500 buying at ask and selling at bid about 150 ES contracts one contract at a time.

#12     Jan 25, 2007
  3. tr51

tr51

entered a lmt order in IB to buy jly beans at "6 dollars and eighty eight cents" per bushel by typing 6 . 8 8 well in IB one has to enter the order without the "period" Outcome: I was traveling, saw that beans dipped to 6.85, thought I was good only to find out they rallied to over 7.50 before I realized that I was still short. ugh

#13     Jan 25, 2007
  4. Not sure if thats an ET joke Im unaware of..but no... I rarely post anything anywhere.

#14     Jan 25, 2007
  5. I let my wife trade once when I was on business traveling. I even tried to tell her what to do.

Go on. Laugh.

#15     Jan 25, 2007
  6. This morning before leaving for the day I entered a put credit spread for $1.....humm wonder if it got filled:p I'm an idot...worse yet I can't remember the strikes :eek:

#16     Jan 25, 2007