The ignore feature - improvement request

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tsing Tao, Feb 7, 2012.

1. That's good to know.
    I've seen more ads for "my girlfriend just married a dr" or "oil trading academy" than I care to admit .

#21     Mar 8, 2012
  2. Do me a favor...if you EVER see that on ET hit the complain button...We have an entire team stopping that nonsense. You would not believe what is going on in the background here..it is a silent war.

#22     Mar 8, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Oh no, not at all. The Trading Forum would never be allowed to have dozens and dozens of posts (in multiple threads) with no content whatsoever.

#23     Mar 8, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I am quite aware at what goes on "in the background". You're certainly using hyperbole on the "army" of effort.

#24     Mar 8, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You are certainly the bastion of self discipline, an example for us all.

Fact is, the ignore function DOES exist, and it should work properly.

#25     Mar 8, 2012
  6. It's not really all that hard, it's kinda like my incredible power to skip the fashion section of the newspaper.

#26     Mar 8, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

A good analogy, except the fashion section of the newspaper doesn't call you out by name, does it?

#27     Mar 8, 2012
  8. TT,

Are you suggesting that we moderate the "content" of posts to suit the moderator?

I think you have misunderstood what a moderator does. All we do is watch for spam. We do not endorse posts.

Perhaps you should thank us for this job well done. But you won't and thats ok...because volunteering as a moderater generally is a thankless job by the guests...But I am working on a team that I respect greatly...and believe me the rewards are great for me personally...thanks to Baron and staff.

ES

#28     Mar 8, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Perhaps you are unaware, but I was a moderator for years on this site. I know exactly how it works, and the discussions behind the scenes, and the support you get, etc. I'm sure your cheerleading is pleasing to Baron and Joe, but it is a thankless job by both guests and hosts. Not just guests.

As for the "what" you should moderate, I am not suggesting you moderate the content of posts, but there is an extensive and obvious gap between what SHOULD be posted in the Trading forum (per Baron's sticky) and what is actually posted in the trading forum.

#29     Mar 8, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao,

I was unaware that you were a previous moderator.

I do not appreciate that you accuse me of cheerleading when I was posting from my heart. That was not really called for and disrespectful.

I am a volunteer to the community and my rewards are personal. I do not expect any Thank-You's from the host or guests. My point was that I have been given a great responsibility here and Baron has made that possible. The support from the other moderators is also appreciated and at times we work as a closely knit team. But you know that.

I stand for what I posted and I accept that I watch for spam...and I do not interfere with "content" only until I must AND ONLY because there may be a breach of the rules of conduct that everybody agrees to when they join here. Complaints from the guests here help immensley when action is needed.

Tsing Tao..would you please complain any inappropriate posts in the trading forum and I will take a look at them.

ES

#30     Mar 8, 2012