The Idiot-in-Chief will bankrupt us

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, May 28, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

In addition to everything else, now they're adding a new wrinkle. These massive new spending items on the budget, like the bailout, have been secretly(?) converted to NPR (net present value accounting) to make them look smaller. Had Obama and Geithner not made these secret(?) changes, the budget deficit would have been over 2 trillion this fiscal year, instead of 1.8 trillion. The administration wanted it to look better, for, ahem, political reasons. An onlooker discovered this when he saw that the budget deficit for march had magically(?) gone down by 175 billion in april.

It is safe to assume, according to the article, that this administration has plans to use these kind of accounting obfuscations for all of its multi trillion dollar investments, making their cost projections a farce. (hint: they will cost much more than obama says)

This isn't the typical gov't cheesy accounting we're all use to, no, this is stepping it up considerably to a whole new level of depravity.

note: it even effects things like whether they will allow banks to pay back tarp money, because if the banks pay it back, it <i>increases the deficit</I>, as hard as that is to believe.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/federal-deficit-becomes-nearly-indecipherable/

#31     May 29, 2009
  2. I was going to explain further, but "people like me" include stephen hawking and Einstein. So I think I'm in good company. I guess we just aren't as smart as people like you.

I just said neither can be proved or disprove, and I have an emotional need to believe? You are the one advocating a theory that's unproven. I'm simply saying it is unproven. Look at yourself. You are the NEW dogmatics. I don't mind you believing, just like I don't mind my mother believing in heaven, but you are both in the same category.

One a side note, many religious people have emotional needs. Yours is the need to feel intellectually superior to the "dumb creation folk". Unwittingly, you fall into the same category you so wish to be above.

#32     May 29, 2009
  3. How clever of you to employ the Pee Wee Herman maneuver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4Gj7JsET4

Such cunning.

#33     May 29, 2009
  4. Tom B

Tom B

I was not familiar with it. You, however, seem to know it well. You have used it in over 8,000 posts old man.

#34     May 29, 2009
  5. Mix such behavior with a high level of vindictiveness Thunderdog.

#35     May 29, 2009
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wonder why BO would even bother?

His sheeple don't care anyway.

#36     May 29, 2009
  7. Sorry, but you can't claim Einstein as one of your own either. Einstein was misquoted and misinterpreted a lot, either innocently or otherwise. Einstein was not a theist. He was a pantheist who, in his wonderment, essentially referred to nature as god. It was a poetic reference rather than a literal one. He had disputed his alleged belief in a personal god. Einstein and his comments having been deliberately taken out of context by those with theist leanings who wanted him on their side. Meanwhile, there were others who were admonishing him for "not being Jewish enough."

#37     May 29, 2009
  8. correct:

Einstein described belief in God as "childish superstition" and said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in London this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday.
    The father of relativity, whose previously known views on religion have been more ambivalent and fuelled much discussion, made the comments in response to a philosopher in 1954.

As a Jew himself, Einstein said he had a great affinity with Jewish people but said they "have no different quality for me than all other people"."The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080513122249.m3ds3b6j&show_article=1

#38     May 29, 2009
  9. I NEVER SAID HE WAS A THEIST!

lol what are you talking about?

#39     May 29, 2009
  10. Sorry, my mistake.

But, judging by the evidence, I don't think he was agnostic either.

#40     May 29, 2009