The Idiot-in-Chief will bankrupt us

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, May 28, 2009.

1. actually i dont support obamas health care reform plans as now proposed. he is not going far enough. he is just tweaking what we have now hoping that it will pass easier. what he should do is go directly to a single payer plan financed by higher taxes.

#11     May 28, 2009
  2. right now some insurance employee in a back room answerable to no one gets to decide who gets health care. how is it working now?

#12     May 28, 2009
  3. I think it is working just fine. My family has no problems at all. Of course I am a productive member of society. If you are a deadbeat, with high credit card debt and are late on your mortgage and you do nothing but sit on your ass all day, I suppose it might not be all that great. Maybe those sort of people ought to get off their ass and get a job. We don't think like that in this country though. If you are a loser its always someone else's fault isn't it. Heck, its bad enough I am paying their mortgage and credit cards off, now I have to pay their health insurance too. We all know that dems are pro evolution and anti-creationism, how about we apply some of those principles of evolution and let the losers figure it out for themselves.

#13     May 29, 2009
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

No problems here either.

I'm no expert in this area but it seems to me the availability of insurance and health care isn't the problem. It's the cost. Considering the federal governments long standing reputation for making EVERYTHING it touches cost much MORE then it has to it's hard for me to see where federally managed health care is going to be less expensive for anyone. Or maybe I should say for any tax payer.

#14     May 29, 2009
  5. I'm lucky in the health insurance department, but I still feel that the wasted billions or more of bureaucratic bs could be improved considerably. When I review bills and payments, I cringe. I've actually negotiated cash deals with doctor's and save a lot.

Since well over half the Country is already on the government's health plan, in one way or another, state local, federal, military, medicare, I don't see a real problem with some sort of alliance with the gov't to streamline the back office. I know, the argument is that the private sector is better at this, but not in this case, IMO.

c

#15     May 29, 2009

6. Such a great point until this.

#16     May 29, 2009
  7. never saw this until now. dont tell me you actually believe in creationism?

#17     May 29, 2009
  8. What exactly did you never see until now?

Where exactly did I say I believed in creationism? What is your reading comprehension level?

#18     May 29, 2009
  9. Vhehn, hardcore ideologues can't be reasoned with. You know this well from your exchanges on religion. It is no different in politics. With hardcore ideologues, it's six of one or half dozen of the other. You can present ideas to the unthinking, but you can't make them think.

#19     May 29, 2009
  10. when you use anti-creationism as a form of ridicule it makes you look like you do believe it. i dont meet many creationists any more so i found i surprising that even someone like you would believe it but you never know on et. some of the posters on here act like home schooled 17 year olds.

#20     May 29, 2009