The Idiot-in-Chief will bankrupt us

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, May 28, 2009.

1. Mav88

Mav88

In the image master's own words: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/05/18/obamas_dangerous_debt_96539.html

...and before you messiah drunken democrats blame Bush and war, see the attached. You bitch and moan all day about the cost of war yet Bush's deficits will look real good in comparison to what is coming as warned by the Congressional Budget Office. Even Hussein knows this isn't an issue about the cost of war...

What kind of leader knows his own budgets are unsustainable yet pushes for them anyway? Does he really give a damn?

The projections to even further out by the CBO are even scarier with Medical entitlements blowing away everything. So what does this guy do??? why EXPAND them of course, with the democrats and their parasitic constituents cheering all the way.

We know that future projections are pretty hard, but it's even harder when all the assumptions about it are biased towards the rosy side to make yourself look better. That's why the CBO projections are worse than Obama's. The president's budget is full of questionable gimmicks and phantom savings, while that is not unusual it is very dangerous when the new spending increases are assured.

I think this is about hatred of white America. Michelle said it herself that she has never been proud of this place. How else can one explain this crap. I see the latest treasury auction didn't go well, I want to be wrong but I think the probabilities point to a bad ending.

2. Mav88

Mav88

Now that the environment is right, asshole Schumer is ready to push through amnesty for the estimated 12-20 million illegals in the US,..err I mean 12-20 million democrat voters.

It has been shown that most of these people are uneducated, and there are a net negative economically even without citizen welfare. So now the demos want them to have full benefits, that means instant further budget killing welfare burdens that don't end for at least 30 years. Is anyone awake out there?

Prosperity is strongly dependent on culture and government, we are fast changing both. If you want a glimse of the direction we are going, visit Mexico. I get the feeling the left can't kill us fast enough. The psychology is so maddening it may tear us up. The left would rather see us poor than a conservative western society.

3. sometimes when you rent your house to a drunk frat boy it takes a lot of money to clean up the mess he leaves behind. we are still spending 10 billon a month on bushs iraq war, the bank bailouts started under the bush watch. the car bailouts started under the bush watch. health care needed reform for the last 8 years and nothing was done.

4. Nah, it won't bankrupt us. We can just seize all the assets of the Forbes 500 and sell it off and pay the bill. After all, they all stole their fortunes and made it on the back of welfare recipients.

Thats the Obama plan.

5. if i remember right bush first proposed amnesty for illegals. not that its a good idea.

6. Mav88

Mav88

sometimes when you rent your house to a drunk frat boy it takes a lot of money to clean up the mess he leaves behind. we are still spending 10 billon a month on bushs iraq war, the bank bailouts started under the bush watch. the car bailouts started under the bush watch. health care needed reform for the last 8 years and nothing was done.

Reading comprehension issues? Bailouts were one time, stimulus and entitlments are forever, clearly the war cost is small compared to what's ahead.

like I said, people like you just deny the reality and cheer on your man. Let me ask you one thing, is this a good time to expand entitlements? if so explain why that is reform

7. if you are talking about health care reform the answer is yes. most estimates project a 20% saving in healthcare costs by going to a single payer system.

8. Mav88

Mav88

if you are talking about health care reform the answer is yes. most estimates project a 20% saving in healthcare costs by going to a single payer system.

That's not the point, he wants expanded benefits for more people. More to the point, the CBO has done an assesment and even if all his magical savings (which are not new ideas) appear the we are looking at debt as a percentage of GDP doubling in 10 years under his so called plan.

I've followed politics for some time, never does the world work the way politicians say it works, this plan is too full of rosy assumptions. The debt levels due to his stimulus and entitlements blow Reagan and Bush away.

Extreme Bill Clinton here- he mouths the words 'get the debt under control' while his own 10 year plan blows it up. Welcome to the perpetual campaign designed to pacify the dumb masses. The illogic of announcing a plan that he says controls the debt, while actually doubling it, is amazing in its audacity.

Expanding welfare has nothing to do with bailouts, Bush or war. There are no real cuts anywhere at a time when they are critical, cynicism at its finest. See everyone in hell.

9. Mav88

Mav88

Obama's Magical Health Savings (or in other words, bend over and welcome to democrat hell)

http://meganmcardle.theatlantic.com/archives/2009/05/obamas_magical_mystery_tour_of.php

This weekend, I was on a panel where the other economics journalist and I spent a great deal of time belaboring the obvious: Obama's health care plans are very, very expensive, and they mean higher taxes for everyone, not just that elusive klatch of greedy fools who are not in the 95% of working families now allegedly slated for stable or lower taxes. Otherwise, how could Obama hope to pay for it?

I think we found out today: magic!

Obama got the SEIU and various corporate entities involved with health care provision in a room and got them to promise to slash 150 basis points from the annual rate of increase in health care spending. How will we achieve this? Whitehouse.gov has a fact sheet which outlines the concrete proposals that came out of this meeting:

Improving Care after Hospitalizations and Reduce Hospital Readmission Rates payments will be bundled to include the 30 days post discharge; readmitted patients will become a cash drain. If hospitals really are making patients sicker (or not bothering to make them well) because readmissions are lucrative, it should be interesting to see what lengths they will go to to avoid readmitting very ill patients.
    Reducing Medicare Overpayments to Private Insurers through Competitive Payments. Bye-bye, Medicare Advantage. Maybe. Medicare Advantage seems to cost more because it, er, provides more benefits. It also apparently has good patient satisfaction. Directly playing with senior health care can be politically dangerous.

Reducing Drug Prices Only for Medicaid. No dollar item attached to it, probably because the savings are relatively trivial; Medicaid is a small part of the overall budget, and prescription drug prices are a small part of its budget, and an 8% decrease in a small part of a small part doesn't sound as good as Reducing Drug Prices.

Improving Medicare and Medicaid Payment Accuracy aka the infamous Waste, Fraud, and Abuse. Traditionally much harder to get out of the system than promised by reformers, in part because the Waste, Fraud, and Abuse subsidizes other services, so if you eliminate Medicare overpayments, you suddenly get higher prices. This is why retailers do not actually attempt to push "shrinkage" to zero.

Pay for Performance The Holy Grail of health care wonks. Good luck. Projected cost savings: $12 billion
    You may recognize these proposals; they are recycled from the Obama budget. Estimated cost savings listed: $215 billion over ten years. That leaves just $1.785 trillion for the "stakeholders" to find. And with a model of stakeholder cooperation like Chrysler before us, that shouldn't be hard.

This is all very well as political theater; politicians convene never-never working groups all the time. But, being perhaps too cynical, I suspect that the announced plan to save $2 trillion is going to be used to sell Obama's healthcare plan as if we'd already found it. Then when oh, darn, the SEIU doesn't agree to hold down wages or eliminate jobs, and pharma ratchets up the average price it charges the private sector to make sure it doesn't lose too much on its mandatory Medicaid discounts, etc, well, we'll all just have to dig into our pockets to pay for it, won't we?

10. So Obama gets to decide who gets healthcare and who doesn't? Ummm, no thanks.

#10     May 28, 2009