the idiocy of the catholics

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Nov 25, 2009.

1. stu

stu

Hey Barth.

I take your point but you should understand my position on this better than I have obviously expressed it. Let me put forward a simplification.
    I don't decry people's faith. I applaud their good despite their faith.

• There is a clear route to good things and evil things by saying you are doing them because an invisible all powerful entity called God wants things that way.

There is no route to evil, by saying and doing good things.

You only diffuse and distort good by offloading corrupted definitions of it over to religion, Christianity and Gods or whatever .

There are any number of non-religious philanthropists throughout the world that don't shout from the rooftops, or make profitable business out of fronting good , like the mega rich Catholic Church does for instance.

There are many honest and decent folks who would not incorporate the concealment of vast numbers of pedophiles within their ranks and very fibre of existence to save the disgrace and avoid the law, as the Catholic Church has for instance.

And as for a true example of a "christian" well I certainly wouldn't look to Christ for that if I were you. There was no description of hell or eternal torture until that character came along,
    Yet again, just like those disgraceful priests , evil Christian ideas masked inside the cloak of religion fraudulently masquerading as things that are good..

mutually respectfully
    stu:)

#81     Nov 28, 2009
  2. mahadiga

mahadiga

3. #83     Nov 30, 2009