the idiocy of the catholics

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Nov 25, 2009.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

And consider that pedophilia in the Catholic clergy must be at a historical low, given that no attention at all was being paid in centuries past. :eek:

Generations of child abuse with no alternative or mercy granted to the victims. This is an absolute abomination.

#31     Nov 26, 2009
  2. Now THIS is funny! Name one religion that adheres to the thou shalt not kill rule...

#32     Nov 26, 2009
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Taoists maybe?

#33     Nov 26, 2009
  4. The Society Of Friends, Jehovahs Witnesses, and I believe there are others also.

The Ever Interested VIPER

#34     Nov 26, 2009
  5. Stu, I think Christendom would be better used here rather than Christian. If you read the historical accounts of 1st century Christians by Tacitus, Josephus and Pliny the Younger, you will get a clear picture of what Christianity was and what Christendom has become. Also you might want to read The Rise of Christianity, by E. Barnes, and Caesar and Christ by Will Durant.

The Ever Elucidating VIPER

#35     Nov 26, 2009
  6. I used the search function provided on this board and it seems you're quite the pro-homosexual. So who is it molesting kids? Catholics or homosexual Catholics? Funny but I don't hear of priests molesting girls or nuns. Maybe dick smokers are deviants.

#36     Nov 26, 2009
  7. Its 100 times worse in public school only difference is the media doesnt say a word about it. So basically your son has a 100 times better chance of getting raped by a public school teacher than a priest.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/4/5/01552.shtml

#37     Nov 26, 2009
  8. No you didn't. That would be another lie. People who have something to hide tend to lie a lot.

At any rate, welcome to ET, unless you've been around for a while but needed to hide behind a new alias to post in defense of these priests, which is about 99.999% likely.

#38     Nov 26, 2009
  9. In case your pea brain hasn't figured it out, I'm not even a Christian let alone a Catholic. I have no interest in defending homosexuals. My religion takes a far dimmer view of homosexuality than Christianity does. (not saying that I agree with my faith on EVERYTHING ) I see the view internationally (I've lived on three continents) as Catholics being pretty well respected even by Asians and Arabs. The reson I piped in on this thread and got mad at the OP was because my leg was saved at a Catholic hospital in Spain when I was hit on my moterbike. In the U.K my leg would've been amputated. In Spain they operated twice and my bill was like 2000GBP which was the bargain of a lifetime. I see the schools here in the U.S. and the hospitals in Europe, the Kennedy family, along with the heroic struggle of Irishjman against their oppressive British captors as the foundation of a great religion.

#39     Nov 27, 2009
  10. dsq

dsq

The archbishop Mahoney here in Los Angeles was under investigation for lying to federal investigators.Wouldnt you know it,the day he was to be indicted,the church handed over 660million to make the problem go away.Thats money from donations...Talk about being corrupt...

I havent followed this story much but its probably still on going...religion is fuking farce for people who want to delude themselves into a stupor of wishful thinking vs reality.ie sarah palin...'nuff said

#40     Nov 27, 2009