the idiocy of the catholics

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Nov 25, 2009.

1. i wouldnt saw us skeptics hate Catholics/Muslims/Jews or even muslims. we do however have a problem with the ignorance their beliefs foster.
    in the case of catholics the ignorance of their beliefs tell women that they must have more children than their economic situation can support guaranteeing poverty, misery,suffering and death.

#21     Nov 25, 2009
  2. this statement is just more evidence of the ignorance of the typical fat american sitting in his living room sprouting nonsense.

#22     Nov 25, 2009
  3. LOL please give me a supporting a quote for this one.....in the case of catholics the ignorance of their beliefs tell women that they must have more children than their economic situation can support guaranteeing poverty

If you choose to confunscate the condition which applies to almost every single major religion, that being "Life is precious," Or "Though shalt not kill." Then there is no point in arguing.

#23     Nov 25, 2009
  4. How in the free country can the church DICTATE end of the life?
    If in the free country a person write in their "living will" to let them die if they are old and have the terminal illness, how can a free country let that church have power over individual?
    If you ever see the old person dieing, you will see how sad to keep them alive with feeding tubes and drugs. The family have MORE PAIN because they have MORE time to watch them die. And that family always have false hope they get better, but they die. Most humane way is to take away the feeding tube from the very old person who is terminal, BUT give them pain medicine.
    If you believe in that god, what god will make pain last long?

#24     Nov 25, 2009

5. I do not understand what you are saying. This is about RELIGION dictate and rule AGAINST the person who make a choice in the living will. Why?
    What kind and compassion god will let the person fight for air in his lungs for a long time? What god will let a family SEE THAT for a long time? This thread is about RELIGION having power over individual and family. Is the same as communism when that religion have more power than the individual.

#25     Nov 25, 2009
  6. Why don't you go fuck yourself, you fucking lying cunt.

The Catholic Church is responsible for more misery, pain and suffering than any other whack-job Fairy-Tale Believing Christian sect. Your blatant lies reflect the approach of the Catholic priesthood whose homosexual child-raping membership would rather deny there's any problem and pay off its victims than say 'Yeah, you know what? Why in the fuck do all these priests like to fuck young boys up the ass and ruin their lives?'

The child-rape problem in the Catholic Church in modern times is just the tip of the iceberg. The mind boggles when you consider how much pain and suffering the Catholics have caused over the past 10 or so centuries.

People like you make me want to fucking vomit. Of all the fundamentalist pigs on this site, you are by far the worst. The Muslim fanatics don't know any better, but you do, and yet you'd rather lie through your teeth than face up to the facts.

Piece of shit. Go crawl in a hole and die.

#26     Nov 26, 2009

7. I am sorry i have tried to read your argument and i cannot understand what you are saying, this is not meant by any means to be derogatory, i just dont under stand your argument, can yuo please describe it in a FULLER way?

My retort was more based on the overall attitude from Vhehn rather than the original reply.... I am most certainly not arguing FOR GOD but i also find it unacceptable when people vehemently deny him, i find the choice of people who choose to slam the concept of spirituality to be just as reprehensible as people who choose to mock people based on race..... do you understand what im saying now?

#27     Nov 26, 2009
  8. I have nothing against Catholics and I am related to more than a few but there seems to have been a shocking lack of moral standards amongst the Catholic clergy for some time. I have two friends that were abused in the care of the Catholic church and today the report on child abuse by priests in Ireland is released.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eymhojgbojkf/rss2/

#28     Nov 26, 2009
  9. stu

stu

Christian violence in a contemporary world.
    Christianity has dealt out a fair share of modern day atrocity in its name, every bit as comparable and despicable as Islamic violence.

Between 1968 and 1998 over 3,500 people were killed and murdered due to enmity between two Christian sects , Catholic and Protestants, which also managed to destroy the lives of innocents including many children and young people. The maniacs who perpetrated and condoned this homicidal lunacy in the name of religion continue to this day. Those vile acts are considered by each faction as their own Christian and political crusade.

That is why it matters and why vhehn legitimately raises the point, because it is idiots like you also , who with their "I am most certainly not arguing FOR GOD but i also find it unacceptable when people vehemently deny him" bullshit, are passively condoning this mindless blind adherence and subservience to religion and its flight of fancies, which so often leads to hatred of those who don't follow its "truth" as can be clearly seen in Northern Ireland. Always excusing religion from blame leaves it free to develop into extremes of murder torture and child rape.

"It is also expected to be critical of the Garda and other State authorities over their handling of the allegations."
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eymhojgbojkf/rss2/
    AS the link shows, not content with murder and rape , the Christian religious influence permeates into undermining democratic secular government too .

If you are not with us you are against us, so says Christian, Catholic and Protestant alike.
    Catholics fight maim and murder to get their religious ideals into law and Protestants do the same in return. Protestants rule government agencies and force their ideals onto Catholics, so Catholics decide Protestants are to be killed in the name of their Christian belief in the glory of God .
    Peaceful consensus through secular democratic government - destroyed in the name of God.

The Christian religion is so deeply embedded into Northern Ireland that these brainless religious morons cross over their wretched bigotry into the secular running of government affairs.

Soon enough those pedophile Christian Priests would be abusing children on Government funded charity and tax exempt schemes which they would form into law given half a chance.

So that's why it matters, you self-righteous, supercilious, self-serving , thoughtless, typical brain-dead pious twat.

#29     Nov 26, 2009
  10. Wouldn't you know it? Opened my browser today and what do I see?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8381119.stm

Not assistant priests. Not priests. Are bishops under Archbishops?

No, these were Archbishops of the Catholic Church.

Can you fucking even conceive of the type of mindset that could allow this to happen and deny it and allow more kids to be raped, knowing that it was guaranteed to happen? If you heard that a neighbour had been convicted for child abuse and then you saw him grab an 8-year old kid walking in the park and drag him off into the bushes, would you do anything? Or would you turn away?

Beyond monstrous. Too bad hell is a fairly tale, because that's where these criminals belong.

#30     Nov 26, 2009