The Iceman on HBO

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maxpi, Sep 22, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Did anybody see these shows on HBO?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=252362401&pf_rd_i=0312374658

An author was on the radio last night talking about Kuklinski. The guy was something else, his dad was so brutal that Kuklinski would piss his pants when he heard him coming into the house. His folks turned him into a psychopath, no doubt about it. I have taken in a lot of stories and info on psychos, it takes a combo of abuse and brain damage to produce one that is a murderer typically but in the interviews he seems like a highly intelligent guy. Hanging with the mob makes people seem intelligent sometimes, they get a handle on what is going on that most don't ever achieve...

The guy would kill aggressive panhandlers, [I just about offed one mysefl once, he said I owed him money for his phone call because he hung up the payphone to talk to me!!] kill random strangers to test a weapon, etc and he got by with 200 murders without even getting on anybody's radar.. well actually he hung out in a building owned by the Gambinos so maybe he just was not going to get on anybody's radar no matter what.. His arrest records consisted of road rage incidents and nothing more, after 43 years of murder. He was a big guy, his nickname was "The Big Guy" actually, and strong, his arrest records related that if somebody flipped him off he would rip the car door off of the driver position at the next light!! I feel absolutely puny thinking about that, I might reign in some bad behavior actually.

He was sort of a technical guy and he made a spray bottle with poison that he could spray on somebody and they were in heart attack mode in seconds and he would put the same stuff in a drink glass and just spill some on a victim, same thing. He had his own mob crew doing burglaries and he killed all but one of those guys when they made him nervous... if he had killed that remaining one he probably would still be free... Some of his schemes were far from complicated. He told a pharmacist he could get him all kinds of drugs in real looking packages and to meet him at a storage unit with cash. He just offed the guy and took the cash!! KISS principle all the way... He had some funny stories about how he fired off a super hangun, Eagle .357 or something, inside a car and his ears rang for days...

Just how much of his statements is self serving I have no clue. Sammy the Bull supposedly had him poisoned in prison to escape prosecution so he died the same way he lived... Kuklinski claimed that his conscience started to bother him after he allowed a guy a half hour to pray to God to change the situation and let him live. I don't know whether to believe that or not, sounds like one of those unbelievable stories that mob guys like to tell.. but Kuklinski confessed to all sorts of murders right in court, he just volunteered the info personally, maybe he really had a conscience...

I'm interested in these kinds of people because they are such examples of what a person can do if he just has his own agenda and doesn't tell people what it is, and also how you usually have no clue what is going on with somebody, The Big Guy was liked by his neighbors, they said he was a charming and friendly fellow but pretty much minded his own business :D

2. you are correct; charming and friendly fellow but pretty much minded his own business...