The IB tabs really suck

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock777, Feb 28, 2007.

1. dst, will removing those extra icons fix the problem with mouse flakiness.

When TWS is busy with data , it was very hard to switch pages today. Not a prob tonight , but I still see a random bug in the way SOME tabs respond to a mouse click,

#11     Mar 2, 2007
  2. I have clicked on those delete and detach buttons many times BY ACCIDENT, always freak the crap out of me during busy time when I am usually doing a lot of rapid clicks. Traders usually switch between tabs frequently. But who's gonna detach and re-attach pages repeatly? It's perfectly fine to do a right-click when I really want to detach it. IB has turned theses tabs into a dangerous minefield. This must be one of the silliest "improvement" of any software in the entire galaxy. :mad:

#12     Mar 2, 2007
  3. Which feature did you remove? The page detachment idea was good. The "X" to delete the page was not. But the problem was when you click on a page tab, you have to keep trying otherwise you get a different page than the one wanted. Obviously not implemented as well as it should have been.

#13     Mar 2, 2007
  4. Amen.

I, for one, have never ever used the Detach page except when accidentally "clicking and dragging" or worse, clicking on the new icons.

I believe, this is a useless "improvement" implemented because some bored IB programmer got nothing better to do.

To the OP:

I had the same problem. I discovered that it was caused by Java 1.06. if you go with 1.05_11, you should be able to rearrange it.

#14     Mar 2, 2007
  5. Actually, I'm saddened that they have not released a patch to get rid of this abomination ASAP.

It makes using the platform troublesome AT BEST.

You are spending millions in infrastructure and slowing down users with a bad 'improvement.' Shouldn't have to wait 3 weeks to have it aborted.

Guess I could roll back to an older version , but thats not the point. There were other major bugs fixed in the latest one that I need.

#15     Mar 5, 2007
  6. This post is exactly right. I tried to indicate the same thing in my previous post. The detach page button is annoying, BUT it's not the main problem. When you click on a tab 1/8 of the time you get a page you didn't click on. Usually I only get this problem when FIRST switching focus back to TWS after using another application/window.

#16     Mar 5, 2007
  7. kazolar

kazolar

In 868.3 latest web version --
    The detach icon has been removed, and the close icon can be removed by going into Configuration - Display - and un-select "Display Close icon in Tabs" -- also the rapid tab switching has been fixed. Please post if you are still experiencing problems.

#17     Mar 8, 2007