The "I" word and effects on equity markets

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trader556, Jan 12, 2003.

1. As far as Boyle is concerned :

Boyle talks in his article about the fact that “waging a war of aggression is a crime under the Nuremberg Charter, Judgment and Principles.” and “The Nuremberg Charter clearly says the wanton devastation of a city is a Nuremberg war crime."

The one thing that he seems to (conveniently or not) have overlooked is the fact that the war has already started some ten years or so ago and that it wasn’t the US who started the violence.

Jack

#31     Jan 25, 2003
  2. great point rs7 -- imho that is the genius of the US Constitution - recognition that power is naturally abused and must be checked by separate arms of government, using rules abided by everyone and not easily changed.

also the reason that moves toward pro-state interpretation (eg, patriot act, 2nd Amend. repeal) or avoidance of oversight (eg, Congress delegating its power to declare war) should be viewed with skepticism, at least.

#32     Jan 28, 2003
  3. Hapajerkof$ freealways/maxine/keymar ahh the new agin face hello bud et al. do some reading:

For all you crybabies branded democrats by the unotold aliases above (man list is growing), pick up your phones and get a hold of your congressmen use free speech for as long as it is still available. Ask for a special investigation into this mesh. Where is Keneth when we need him??. Carlyle Group, Antrax, Energy Policy, spend few mill digg up bs before it gets worst

I want my country back :mad:

It was December 13 when a handful of unmarked cars and a couple of cruisers pulled up in front of the house where Schotte, a computer programmer for a Nassau online retailer, rented a one-bedroom apartment. Not knowing what was up, he opened the door. "Five or six of them got in my face. 'SHOW ME I.D.' is what they kept saying," says Schotte. "I said, 'Who are you?' They just kept saying 'SHOW ME I.D.'"

Schotte asked for a search warrant.

"We don't need one, you let us in," was the reply.
    He was confined to his living room and hammered with a barrage of questions, while elsewhere agents rifled through his closets and drawers.

According to White House officials the President’s policy is that “association” alone, with ANY suspected Al Queda or terrorist, is sufficient enough justification for immediate extermination by the CIA or US military.

"Yet there is NO other family in America today who has had closer ties with the Bin Ladens than the Bush family. And that bears repeating.

THERE IS NO OTHER FAMILY IN AMERICA WHICH HAS HAD CLOSER ASSOCIATIONS AND SUSPICIOUS DEALINGS WITH THE BIN LADEN FAMILY THAN GEORGE BUSH SENIOR AND JUNIOR. NO OTHER AMERICANS! Period. Prove us wrong . . .
    by voxfux "

"I would not have voted for this bill prior to 9-11," admits Peter King, the Republican congressman Seaford, Long Island who has been highly visible in his support of the administration. "But the presence of terrorist infiltrators on our shores is a clear and present danger to the national security of America and makes certain restrictions of civil liberties essential."

"I would not have voted for this bill prior to 9-11," admits Peter King, the Republican congressman Seaford, Long Island who has been highly visible in his support of the administration. "But the presence of terrorist infiltrators on our shores is a clear and present danger to the national security of America and makes certain restrictions of civil liberties essential."

http://memes.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1709

#33     Feb 8, 2003
  4. Where are the friggin lawyers when we need them?

Given this arrogant, we-know-it-all attitude, there was no reason, then, for Bush and his subordinates to listen to the technical experts who warned early last year (1), and even as recent as last August (2) about the disaster-in-the-making for the Space Shuttle and its crews unless certain procedures and processes were fixed. These NASA experts were ignored by Bush and his advisors (2), and removed from their positions (1).

(1) "When an expert NASA panel warned last year that safety troubles loomed for the fleet of shuttles if the agency's budget was not increased, NASA removed five of the panel's nine members and two of its consultants. Some of them now say the agency was trying to suppress their criticisms.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/03/national/03NASA.html

(2) From Don Nelson to Mr. Bush: "I am a recently retired NASA aerospace engineer and it is my duty to inform you that our space shuttle astronauts are in imminent danger. Your intervention is required to prevent another catastrophic space shuttle accident. NASA management and the Aerospace Safety Advisory Panel have failed to respond to the growing warning signs of another shuttle accident." (August 25, 2002, www.nasaproblems.com/#Moritorium)

http://truthout.org/docs_02/020903E.htm

Sure sure nice going :mad: spend 500 billion on the war machine and death, let the country fall apart..

Ahhhh yes we have democracy and an open society! What the friggin f&%k is going on?

WASHINGTON - It is time for Congress or the courts to blow the whistle on the Bush administration's excessive secrecy. The secrecy is especially pernicious when set in the context of the administration's proclivity to spin. "Spin" is the fashionable word. "Twist," "distort," "deceive," or "cover up" would be more forthright.

Consider these examples:

• The White House tried to obstruct the appointment of an independent commission to investigate the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, implying it doesn't want Congress to know what it knows. Contrast President Truman's cooperation when Congress appointed a joint committee to investigate the attack on Pearl Harbor.

• Attorney General Ashcroft insists on closing court proceedings that are ordinarily open, including some the Constitution requires to be open. He's done this under the flimsiest of excuses: The release of names of arrestees would give away to Al Qaeda bosses who has been arrested. Or that release of names would violate the arrestees' right of privacy.

• The Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Agriculture, and the Department of Health and Human Services have been given the authority to classify documents as "secret." Wielding a SECRET stamp gives bureaucrats a particular sense of exhilaration; and we can be sure that if a bureaucrat has this power, he or she will use it.

• Vice President Cheney argues that the administration came to the government determined to restore the powers of the president to what they were before the congressional onslaught during the Vietnam War and Watergate. Since the Washington administration, the powers of the president and Congress have moved against each other like a seesaw. They may be expected to continue to do this, but not at such an abrupt pace.

• Perhaps most egregious of all, Mr. Bush has signed an executive order which gives the sitting president the right to control the release of the papers of any past president. That is, if Bush were so inclined, he could bar the release of the papers of George Washington. His White House counsel, in fact, did order the National Archives not to release 68,000 pages from Ronald Reagan's administration. These included papers from George H. W. Bush's vice presidency.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0206/p09s02-coop.html

THIS IS NOT what my country stands for!!!!
    Get the thugs out, clean up the house, it's stinking up the frigging world:mad:

I want my country back and what IT USED to stand for.

#34     Feb 9, 2003
  5. CIA 'sabotaged inspections and hid weapons details'

accused the CIA director of lying about what information on the suspected location of weapons of mass destruction had been passed on.

The row is of heightened significance given the Bush administration's preparations to argue later today before the UN Security Council that the inspections have run their course and it is now time to move to military action.

The accusation of US sabotage emerged from a series of Senate hearings on Capitol Hill. On Tuesday, George Tenet, the CIA director, told the armed services committee panel that the agency had provided the UN inspectors with all the information it had on "high" and "moderate" interest locations inside Iraq – those sites where there was a possibility of finding banned weapons. But Mr Tenet later told a different panel that he had been mistaken and that there were in fact "a handful" of locations the UN inspectors may not have known about.

The CIA director replied: "Unless [President Saddam] provides the data to build on, provides the access, provides the unfettered access that he's supposed to, provides us with surveillance capability, there is little chance you're going to find weapons of mass destruction under the rubric he's created inside the country ... The inspectors have been put in a very difficult position by his behaviour.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/story.jsp?story=378163

Who gave the order? IMPEACH , take the monkey and the goons , and put them in jail!!! :mad: :mad:

Friggin war at any cost of human life, at any cost of principles, at the any cost, including shredding the US CONSTITUTION.

What the friggin f$%k are you doin? All you dip$hit war mongers you, you, are the true enemy of the state.

I want my country back :mad: :mad:

take the monkey's fingers off the nuke buttons save USA and the world. no bananas this time

Like a bad trade it's getting worst the more you hold on

Bush Jr.'s Skeleton Closet

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm#characterAvoided

Hit the main media every day with this 20 times, show the Bin Laden family connections/Carlyle Group 50 times a day, and then let the public decide.

Greedy egotistical pigs, you have destroyed what this country used to stand for:mad:

#35     Feb 15, 2003
  6. Incredible. Ridge and the White House tried out the duct-tape stuff on a FOCUS GROUP!

And this is supposed to be a government? Making its judgments about the war on terrorism and national security on the basis of focus groups?!

This from the Administration of George W. Bush who, lying through his teeth, told the American people in 2000 that he doesn't rely on polling and focus groups?

This is beyond cynical. This is playing with the deepest fears of the American people -- literally plunging millions into war hysteria -- on the basis of the most cynical kinds of brand-testing and political calculation.

Bad enough that this round of fear-mongering turns out (or so the White House now claims) on a bum tip from a single informant. At best, that sh

http://www.mediawhoresonline.com/

Nice going !!! again:mad: What the...

#36     Feb 16, 2003
  7. Ok ok ok what the hell happened to the investigation on the anthrax laced letters sent to Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle? Why is the investigation swept under the rag? Couldn't pin it on that second class tyrant Saddam? :confused:

Anthrax matches Army spores

Bioterror: Organisms made at a military laboratory in Utah are genetically identical to those mailed to members of Congress.

full article from UCLA Department of Epidemiology
    http://www.ph.ucla.edu/epi/bioter/anthraxmatchesarmyspores.html

Very nice scare tactics. You want few acts passed? hey, few spores to select pivotal senate voters and you got it baby. Come to think of it, it does elevate the mafia ways to artistic new highs.

Shrub & Mafia Co just has to go. They are turning this greatest nation of them all, into a fascist terror beast.

What the friggin f%$k are you doing? :mad: :mad:

WAKE UP PEOPLE! the evildoers are here.

I want my country back and what IT USED to STAND FOR!! :mad: :mad:

#37     Feb 22, 2003
  8. Impeach Bush
    January 26, 2003
    The Columbus Free Press is launching its own Office of Total Counter-Information Awareness. In the last few months, we’ve accumulated enough information to warrant the impeachment of President George Bush.
    http://www.freepress.org/columns.php?strFunc=display&strID=22&strYear=2003&strAuthor=3

Bush claims he gets his authority for straight from the Almighty...
    http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6021120%5E401,00.html

Bush's Presidential Malpractice
    http://www.thenation.com/capitalgames/index.mhtml?bid=3&pid=402

It used to be---life, liberty and the pursue of happiness
    monkey and them goons new meaning?
    ---death, control/manipulation by force, and the purse of money, oil, and world domination at any cost:mad: :mad: :mad:

Shrub Mafia and Co just has to go

#38     Mar 1, 2003
  9. muhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

SUFFER!

#39     Mar 1, 2003
  10. tampa

tampa

"...only two more years to go."

I pray God that there are but two more years to go.

On January 20th, 2001 a man stood on a cold winterly day with his hand on a Bible, as he was sworn in as President. The man had received some half million votes LESS than his opponent. The new President was sworn in by the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court - one of the 5 who in an unprecedented move had over ruled a State Supreme Court on a voting rights issue, a State's Rights issue.

As we all "know" we are in a "state of war". A state of war against an ever elusive foe. No other nation has declared war against us. And we have been told that the war will last for decades. As we all know, the President has extraordinary powers during war time - not the least of them being the power to "suspend" the Constitution.

Shortly after 9/11 George Bush is reported to have said something that has not been repeated. He said that he was convinced that God had put him in power to rid the planet of the forces of evil - even to the point of God intervening in the Florida election.

Now I know tat George wants to do many of the things you want done - keep the darkies and faggots in their place, discredit abd destroy the Democrats, and most of all lower your taxes (not the other guy's, just yours). And as we all know, George loves the Baby Jesus, and hates the "liberal media".

So I guess I must be crazy, maybe even disloyal, maybe even an anti-American, maybe even a terrorist sympathizer, or even an enemy combatant for raising such thought provoking issues, but...

Surely I am mistaken.. It must be as that Opti guy, or whoever said, calm down, give them a chance, they're doing the best that they can...everything will be just fine.

Oh my God, I just had an awful thought. What if the nation goes bonkers, and elects Hillary and all of her limp-wristed, lesbo friends!!! And they're all in office with the laws that George put in place, and...oh my GAWD! Bet you hadn't thought about that!

Surely George wouldn't let that happen, would he?

It's just sometin' to chew over before you call the FBI to turn me in for un-American thinking.

#40     Mar 1, 2003