The hurricane heading towards nyc/nj

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by newguy05, Aug 25, 2011.

1. spd

spd

Ive never worked for All State, their prices are always lower than everyone else and they like denying complete roof replacements. If I cant buy roofs I cant make money. This storm season has been nuts. I havent had a day off since April. Ive been in NC, MO, MN, WI, CO, and NE so far this year. I wish Irene was hitting 2 weeks from now.

#41     Aug 28, 2011
  2. i don't know what you do but i find it far more sickening so don't pull down others with your sinful ways. i would say 90% here don't make money off the expense of others because they don't make money.

#42     Aug 28, 2011
  3. Bakinec

Bakinec

that's like saying thieves who fail are all-around good guys.

you and that stupid prick athlon need to get off your moral ivory tower and stop barking up the wrong tree.

#43     Aug 28, 2011
  4. he said traders are equally as bad. i challenged his logic saying 90% of the traders here don't make money so how can they be equally as bad. you didn't even get the joke.

#44     Aug 28, 2011
  5. spd

spd

It was a stupid joke.

And nobody is "bad". (profitable) Traders make money at the expense of others. I make money at the expense of insurance companies who would love it if you just paid premiums indefinitely and they never had to pay out a dime. (occasionally I make money of other traders :p ). Its a dog eat dog world, so fuck it.

Most people affected by hurricanes get a new roof and a kitchen remodel out of the deal.

Seriously though, the death toll is at 10 now from this storm. The original paintballing poster who thought:
    is sorely mistaken.

I still plan on making some nice coin from this storm.

#45     Aug 28, 2011
  6. Bakinec

Bakinec

i did get your joke. but you didn't get the irony i was trying to convey. don't flatter yourself.

#46     Aug 28, 2011
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Don't look at it like adjusters are similar to ambulance chasers. It isn't like that. They help people get their money from the insurance companies. A good adjuster gets your claim validated quick.

Also don't pay attention to the Category of Hurricane or even if it is a hurricane. What it definitely is is an enormous storm that is going to drop *massive* amounts of rain. Like E-Global said, NYC is similar to Chicago in that once those deep tunnels are flooded water will come up into every building in town that has a basement.

I'm in SoCal and a few months back a big thunderstorm parked over my mountain for about an hour and dropped 3-inches of rain. Really tore the shit out of my property. This storm could drop 12-30 inches of rain on NJ and NYC. Very dangerous. If it is still a hurricane when it gets there it will break serious amounts of glass. Its no joke.

Yeah, the news is hyping it and so is the mayor but at least half of what they are saying is true. Hope all of you in the city are ok and its just a bad storm.

#47     Aug 28, 2011
  8. From out my window, manhattan is pitch black. Quite surreal.

edit: There is 1 building with all the lights on, not 100% from all the rain but pretty sure it's the goldman sachs hq in downtown :p

#48     Aug 28, 2011
  9. I've never had a problem with them paying for an asphalt roof I've submitted, not even when I've been more than generous in allowing damage. . Now if it's a tile or wood roof they require approval from field support. Who pays the higher fees ? I'm working AmFam now and their fees are lower than Allstate , but Allstate is a royal pain in the ass to adjust for.

#49     Aug 28, 2011
  10. Yeah, this topic came up (about traders being "bad") when the bombing in Norway took place. I wouldn't call traders bad; but I guess were a bit of a sad bunch, where the almighty dollar is vastly more important than the lives of others.

Oh, well. Bills need to be paid.

#50     Aug 29, 2011