The House: Balance The Budget, Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 6, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

The "Require Presidential Leadership and No Deficit Act" is meant to require that president submit a budget that balances the government's books. It passed by a 253-167 vote, with 26 Democrats joining with majority Republicans behind the bill.

The legislation is aimed at drawing a contrast between Obama and House Republicans, who recently announced that their upcoming budget blueprint would come to balance within a decade. That's a shift from the past two years, when Republican budgets contained sharp cuts but failed to project a balanced ledger.

The bill's author, Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., said it "simply says to the president, `Mr. President, when you submit your budget, just let us know when it balances."'

During the debate, Republicans pointed out the four consecutive years of trillion dollar-plus deficits occurred on Obama's watch and that he has once again failed to meet the legal deadline for submitting his budget to Congress. Obama's budget was supposed to have been delivered on Monday but isn't expected until next month.

"Every year the president has been in office, there have been deficits of $1 trillion -- adding $6 trillion to the debt," said GOP Whip Kevin McCarthy of California. "Out of the last five budgets, four of them have been late."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-attention-to-obama-on-budget/#ixzz2KBDAIA3u

2. The House are hypocrites imo when they don't want cut 50 billion a year from the 700 billion a year defense budget

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/boehner-i-dont-like-sequestration-87255.html?hp=l1

Boehner: 'I don’t like' sequestration

The narrative gripping Washington this week is that House Republicans want the sequester to go into effect.

But there’s at least one man in the House Republican Conference who seems to think that’s an epically bad idea: Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio).

“Let me make clear: I don’t like the sequester,” Boehner said at his weekly news conference in the Capitol. “I think it’s taking a meat ax to our government, a meat ax to many programs and it will weaken our national defense. That’s why I fought to not have the sequester in the first place. But the president didn’t want to have to deal with the debt limit again before his reelection.”

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

No one here cares about your juvenile trolling "opinion" kid.

4. My post was politics related.My post did not insult any ET members

Your post has nothing to do with politics,you insulted me .Stay on topic

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL

EVERY one of your silly worthless one star threads are for the sole purpose of trolling kid.

And my topic is your trolling of pspr's thread.

6. Hey..:D

"Out of the last five budgets, four of them have been late."

Comments?

7. The fact that you are allowed to post here at all is insulting to me.

8. Sequestration is only 120 billion a year and the leader of The House doesn't support it .How can they be serious about a trillion dollar a year deficit if they are against a 120 billion a year in cuts :confused:

9. Reid and Obama are dopes who don't care about getting budgets done on time

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ditto, he simply does not belong.

#10     Feb 7, 2013