The Home Depot Bitch Slap

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Indeed they do. However the ability to open a few stores after becoming a billion dollar corporation is not the point.
    Huh? He is you! I was simply questioning your statement about Home Depot stores opening in Canada and/or Hawaii. Again, yes they've opened some stores in both locations (and more), they did not start Home Depot the corporation in either location. Believe it or not there is a difference.

#11     Oct 16, 2010
  2. Fair enough. So why does Hawaii have a lower unemployment rate despite these onerous and brutal economic requirements of employers possibly having to insure their employees?

#12     Oct 16, 2010
  3. Some of you miss the point. If you are starting the business for the very 1st time is much different from opening a new store.

The main reason Home Depot succeeded was and is customer service.

I will give you an example, when I was a teen, I worked as a cashier in a larger hardware store I believe was called Builder's Emporium, but I may not remember the exact name.

If a customer came in, and ask someone where something was, there were only a few people on the floor, they did not know where things were, or much about the item.

When the managers came to pick up our money from the cash registers, they could not even count it properly, you would have to go to the back room where the safe was wide open, and help count it for them.

However, what they did have was lots of undercover security, so the one time someone shop lifted, 5 people ran out of the store and tackled him.

Now, compare this with Home Depot, where you can ask someone where something is, they will show you, they have knowledge about the item, instead of being union like our store, they received stock compensation so if the company did good, they did made extra money. So, in the end, Home Depot is still around while the store I worked at went BK like Block Buster.

#13     Oct 16, 2010
  4. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I got tired of wandering around trying to find someone who did keys or other services. For a lot of house stuff, you can find them at Walmart Supercenters, and they are considerably cheaper than THD (which is no bargain). And when I need THD, I prefer Lowes.

#14     Oct 17, 2010
  5. "...That short-sighted wavering—between condescending encouragement one day and hostile disparagement the next—creates uncertainty that, as any investor could tell you, causes economic paralysis. That's because no one can tell what to expect next..."

Sounds like an abusive relationship. Getting beaten one minute, getting encouragement the next.

Your president needs therapy.

#15     Oct 17, 2010
  6. How about a nationwide American boycott? All employers agree to NOT HIRE ANYBODY SO LONG AS ODUMBA IS IN OFFICE?

#16     Oct 17, 2010
  7. Littledaviedumbass, why don't you write an opinion piece for the Wall Street Journal and set the record straight? :p

#17     Oct 17, 2010
  8. LOL. Have you been to a Home Depot lately?

#18     Oct 17, 2010
  9. It's time for those in this abusive relationship to assert themselves and regain some self-esteem.

Don't be afraid of hurting the feelings of your abuser by expressing your rights.

Do not be afraid to terminate the relationship.

A few warning signs of an abusive relationship:

Destroys or takes your personal property.

Threatens to hurt you.

Demands activities you are not comfortable with.

Controls nearly all of your finances.

Tries to control you by being very bossy or demanding.

Loses his or her temper quickly.

Constantly criticizes or belittles you.

Humiliates you in front of others.

Claims you are responsible for his actions.

Blames you when he or she mistreats you.

Your family and friends have warned you about the person or told you that they are concerned for your safety or emotional well being. (we warned you, but you voted for him anyway because of the sweet talk and promises)

You have trouble ending the relationship, even though you know inside it's the right thing to do.

#19     Oct 17, 2010
  10. Well Ricter, I must say that's a very monocultural statement... :D :D :D

#20     Oct 17, 2010