The "Holy Grail"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aphexcoil, Sep 10, 2002.

1. LowestBid,

Douglas Adams, correct?

#41     Sep 10, 2002
  2. lol what an analogy! :eek:

#42     Sep 10, 2002
  3. Correct. And thanks for all the fish.

#43     Sep 10, 2002
  4. "Daniel_m, a trader of one" :D

peace

axeman

#44     Sep 10, 2002
  5. I wish I had never heard of TA and simply started
    watching the markets.

I would have learned faster and saved a lot of money.

peace

axeman

#45     Sep 10, 2002
  6. JORGE

JORGE

Try spending 4 years learning how to analyze stocks on a fundamental basis and then 4 more trying to forget everything.

#46     Sep 10, 2002
  7. Ouch!!! Fortunately, I came to the conclusion that
    fundaments were total bullshit right at the start.

Are you trading full time now?

If so.... you get the Trading TENACITY award! :D

peace

axeman

#47     Sep 10, 2002
  8. JORGE

JORGE

Axeman,

The 4 yrs refers to going to college for a finance degree then working as a broker/analyst for 4 more before making the shift to trading. It took a while to throw logic and rationalization out the window and rely totally on what the market was telling me.

I still work out of a small brokerage office and it amazes that people who have been in the business 20 years do not understand why a stock will trade down on good news or vice versa.

#48     Sep 10, 2002
  9. My guess is that Aphie will figure out that Aphie isn't trading the market but that Aphie is trading Aphie. If your system or approach truly has a statistical edge then the only reason it will succeed is that you've applied the "Holy Grail" element to it - you!

And most likely you'll find that out fairly quickly...

Trade well!

#49     Sep 10, 2002
  10. This thread is cracking me up:D . It's probably got the record for the most replies in the shortest amount of time. Seems like everybody's looking for the holy grail. IMHO you just need a reason to get in. If its TA fine. If it's a coin toss, that's probably ok too. It seems so "DUH" to say this but I've just got to anyway. Plan a trade, take your stops with lightning speed, trade the plan....no plan... No trade...Manage the trade correctly, you get to eat well. If you don't it's the dumpsters for ya.:D

#50     Sep 10, 2002