the holy grail technical indicator really exists!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cole_, Feb 12, 2018.

1. cole_

cole_

I am of the opinion that the holy grail exists. Prove me wrong.

polaris and SimpleMeLike like this.
  2. samuel11

samuel11

Why did I click on this thread?

3. Holy Grail...in trading...kind of implies all you have to do is find a fixed, magical formula, and Set it and Forget it. and instantly collect your raining millions, :wtf: :cool:
    That, to me, is fictional. -- and delusional.

The Holy Grail...is finding an environment in trading that you're well experienced and knowledgeable and have wisdom and success in trading it and/or managing it well fruitfully.
    There will be, of course, inherent dangers...but they are not as easily anymore a big, damaging threat to you.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    ctheo1 likes this.
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

it does , it just not an indicator :)

u do not pay us to prove you wrong

market will prove you wrong, and you sure will pay him :)

5. Of course there is a holy grail.

"Buy low, sell high". Always do that and you can't go wrong.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. I'm thinking the same.

7. qxr1011

qxr1011

on the more serious note:

imho the holy grail is not an indicator, is not a formula imho its an approach, a method based on discovered fundamental properties and laws of the market, and those properties and laws should be universal, scalable and permanent.

when you have a method that is narrow and specific it is usually based on accidental, artificial situations in market and therefore very temporary in its longevity... that's not holy grail, that's holy shit, and that's what happens when trader has a method that no longer works

but even with the holy grail at hand it takes a lot from a trader to work with it: trader has to properly apply it, with out errors in current market situation

besides, any method, regardless of how holly :) it is, has its limitations and trader has to accept them and adopt the size of his positions, and time-frames at play to accommodate those limitations and not to be hammered by them

beginner66 and Handle123 like this.
  8. The Holy Grail/skill in trading, in my opinion, is being able to predict and/or mange and Trade the broad market...DOW/SPY/SPX..on a Daily basis. o_O

If you're able to do that, the World is essentially Yours.
    You're playing with and developing a nuclear bomb, while others in the market are playing with sparklers.

Magnified with plutonium... leverage/options, you're in Mars now,
    ET extraterrestrial trader in full effect.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. The onus of proof is on the person making the claim. The person who says it exists has to show that it exists.

10. Hello cole_,

Well, I can not agree or disagree with you on this holy grail existing or not. Maybe there is one, whoever, has one ain't selling.

#10     Feb 12, 2018