The Holy Grail of the Emini Futures

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mtcx2009, Feb 28, 2009.

1. why are you not trading live. You can adjust you sleep hours and trade Germany or the UK and put your system through a live stress test. I hate to to be a buzzkill but it doesn't mean anything until it is live.

#11     Mar 8, 2009
  2. mtcx2009

mtcx2009

I am not trading live because I dont see any harm in simutrading a new system for quite a while. Every minute doing so just build confidence and points out potential shortfalls. I have traded live before...plenty. I do not expect the fact that its real money will mean to me what it means to a novice.

Your not a buzzkill. The system works on end of day charting and it works trading it live. Sure, its harder to do live, but its working. The percentages on my blog are raw signals with no S&R involved or any regard to obvious trend.

I looked into the ESTX50 and overnight and the volume is low. The fact is it works best on ES during regular hours.

If your telling me there is something comparable to the ES moves and volume that can be traded say 4am CST let me know.

#12     Mar 8, 2009
  3. mtcx2009

mtcx2009

#13     Mar 8, 2009
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

DAX futures...

#14     Mar 8, 2009
  5. mtcx2009

mtcx2009

Unsure on the DAX. I thought I read that the margins/risk are much higher - it may be out of my league.

#15     Mar 8, 2009
  6. Well said.

#16     Mar 8, 2009
  7. What do you mean "volume is low"? The stoxx often does 70% of ES volume and 8x YM, and it's not confined to a "pit hours" session as there is no pit

#17     Mar 8, 2009
  8. mtcx2009

mtcx2009

Let me clarify and wrap up this tangent.

Does my system work on the ES, YM, ESTX50, NQ stocks etc. Sure it does.

Each of those has its own personality.
    I have put more time into watching the ES, I am not ruling the others out forever.

The ESTX50 is the only alternative that I can trade say 4-6am with my account size and risk exposure. From what I saw everything moves much slower during these times vs normal US CST market hours.

For me personally right now its the ES on simutrading as my job allows. If I see an edge afterhours I will consider it, but for now alternative markets and alternative hours do not perform the same.

#18     Mar 8, 2009
  9. mtcx2009

mtcx2009

Things have been going well and I see more people are reading the blog. I will be simutrading for awhile.

#19     Mar 22, 2009
  10. sounds good

#20     Mar 22, 2009