The hidden secrets of strategy developers

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by jcl, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Bob111

Bob111

no. i'm talking about completely different issues. execution itself in particular. IB for example have very good paper trading account. but-can you replicate sub penny orders that are executed right on front of you? partial fills? there is so many algos today on the market that are specifically designed to suck every 0.001 penny out of you,once you step in with your order. go head and try to replicate that

#11     Feb 11, 2012
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

I've actually discussed some trading strategy stuff on this website. It's brought me more grief than anything else. There are some nice folks here but they are far outnumbered by the nutjobs and sociopaths.

#12     Feb 11, 2012
  3. Trading is a battle and your enemy is the other traders. If your enemy knows your battle plan you are finished.

A lot of people will make trading systems public hoping that they can fade them if many newbies like you use them.

Success in trading depends primarily on timing of positions. If one is late because others are faster, correction follows and the stop is hit. You must understand these basic concepts before you suggest absurd things.

Volume doesn't equate to direction timing. You can have huge volume with a flat closing.

Not all good trading ideas are automated...

#13     Feb 11, 2012
  4. Eight

Eight

It's just unmoderated. Any @sshole of any sort can, and does, infest any thread. I'm an advocate of everybody learning to spot psychopaths and driving them to a homeless state, not telling them how to make money...

#14     Feb 11, 2012
  5. dom993

dom993

This is pretty much the rule in any business, for obvious reasons ... we all would love free money, but the reality is everyone needs to "work" to generate money (at least, beyond the "risk free" interest rate, which seems to be zero to negative these days).

But working in isolation has a lots of limits, you are correct ... so seeking feedback on a strategy's results has merits ... and traders are more willing to contribute then because they do not expose what they feel to be their core edge.

#15     Feb 11, 2012
  6. The strategies that have always worked are still being used by professional traders.It is no secret , and most of you are deluded to think your edge will be lost.If there are more sellers when bulls are shitting , they will sheet even more ,so no ones edge is lost .When the bears are having a crap ,they will have a pile of dung , and none of your edges are lost. In fact the deluded ass|holes need to realise,the more fighting the bulls on retreat or the more fighting the bears on retreat helps the edge.

#16     Feb 11, 2012
  7. jcl

jcl

I was not referring to trade strategy source code, but to other source code snippets. F.i. people on our own game programming forum have no problems to exchange ideas and code although they all compete with each other, as this is a zero sum game - just as in most programming areas.

As we started with strategy development, we have indeed looked into some of the few code examples posted on forums like wealth-lab. In the end, we could not use them. If we had, we would have given the author the opportunity to participate. But one can appreciate that at least someone there posted some code and ideas.

#17     Feb 12, 2012
  8. I think you are crazy........or stoned.........or both ???

Nothing is for free..........

If something is about making money, its usually very expensive in money or sweat of blood and years of hard work.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#18     Feb 12, 2012
  9. I told only one man, how i trade, and teached him my strategies, only because i wanted to help someone, and i have choosen him.
    And i dont regret it, he has a great character and i am sure he is able to make a lot of money with my stuff..........

The next person i will tell my secrets, are only my children.

Nobody else.

this is a personal decision, because in this secrets are too many pain in it, to share it, also its worth billions.........also nobody wants to risk the chance that its stops working.........

But, yeah, lets share all our secrets........

Welcome to 2012, the new age have begun, the mayas were right....

Love each other and the new dimension will be beautiful.

Aliens will arrive soon.......

PEACE
    :p :p :p

#19     Feb 12, 2012
  10. Stop being deluded about free lunches .You get what you pay for , you pay nothing ,you get nothing .........and all that free stuff is crap.

#20     Feb 12, 2012