The "haves" and the have "N.O.T.S." (Novice Options Traders)

Discussion in 'Options' started by ElectricSavant, Apr 9, 2006.

1. It WILL be interesting to have you in the options forum's ES:p will you be going to the TOS "Beyond the Basics" seminar in Denver the eom? I know its a full day but I highly recommend it. Both my husband (who doesn't trade) and I went to the last "beyond" they gave and we both benefited from it. GL:)

#11     Apr 10, 2006
  2. #12     Apr 10, 2006
  3. I appreciate your foray into options, but if you are going to just blindly trade advisory recommendations, then you are not really trading options, the advisor is and he is managing your money. :D

So best to get some hands on touchy feely experience ;)

#13     Apr 10, 2006
  4. Yes sir, I agree.

I have read your posts and when I can understand them they are rather helpful.

This thread is not really for you. This is for us "have N.O.T.S."

Michael B.

#14     Apr 10, 2006
  5. How much?

#15     Apr 10, 2006
  6. That is my point, a N.O.T. will not get out of novice status blindly following an advisory. What you could do is post one of the trade suggestions here and we could discuss the parameters of it and how the strategy works and the details and then you will really learn the ins and outs Not really commenting on whether it is a good pick but if, for example, it is a bull call spread, what the pros and cons of this approach is, the risk and affect of the Greeks, etc...

I think you will get a lot out of it and learn how to set up the positions yourself eventually :D

#16     Apr 10, 2006
  7. ok coach I will try...I promise to learn if you promise to teach....It's just that I find out after the trades are placed...! But I will try and post them here as soon as possible.

Thank you

Michael B.

#17     Apr 10, 2006
  8. I do not think the timing of posting the trades will matter so even if the trade was posted last week it can still be an excellent walk through exercise. Since we are not commenting on whether, let's say, IBM is a good bullish candidate, the exact entry date is not important. However we can discuss why the bull call spread is a good strategy to take advantage of this expectation given volatility and time to expiration and expected target and follow-up what happens to the spread as IBM moves. A few of those and you, who already trades frequently, will be able to fill in the blanks rather quickly.

#18     Apr 10, 2006
  9. This thread is going to be a good one folks...I hope the coach speaks in "plain speak"...cause thats the only language I get...I do not speak greek :)

#19     Apr 10, 2006
  10. FREE..and no sales pitch they want to be your broker and in your case they already are !!!!!!

as marketsurfer said just check out the seminar schedule

#20     Apr 10, 2006