The guy figured it out...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TraDaToR, Feb 17, 2010.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Joke? As I understand it, you can't even see volume on forex, so spotting players...

#21     Feb 17, 2010
  2. Thanks for sharing.

#22     Feb 17, 2010
  3. so which ag market was it?? haha!! In all seriousness though, this does happen quite often in the ags...they are just liquid enough to not make things blatantly obvious, but still illiquid enough to make certain TYPES of edges lose effectiveness quite quickly.

#23     Feb 17, 2010
  4. You're delusional. Your statements are contradictory. 1) The assumption that you've spotted an exploitable algo is laughable. 2) He's trading enough size that you're nothing more than a minor actor/facilitator. This assumes that you're correct, but see #1.

You're the worst kind of bullshitter because you're bought your own hyperbole.

#24     Feb 17, 2010
  5. I can guarentee you someone who is trading large enough to move the futures market significantly on an order is not stupid enough to place orders based on a specifically static strategy. He is not trading large because he is stupid...

And the fact that it is the same "someone" each time is highly unlikely.

#25     Feb 17, 2010
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

That's true. We are on the same page, even if I trade metals and energy as well.

#26     Feb 17, 2010
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

One last time, I took Munnyhunny ES example and described what could be usable when witnessed, nothing rlated to the edge I was using.

This thread was an error. I didn't want to share anything , just hearing stories of crazy edges going obsolete overnight. I'm sorry about it.

#27     Feb 17, 2010
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Ask stock traders about mutual funds orders for example...

#28     Feb 17, 2010
  9. lol, don't worry, your historical edge is safe.

#29     Feb 17, 2010
  10. What a crock of $hit.

#30     Feb 17, 2010