The guy figured it out...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TraDaToR, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Yes, I can usually spot the player moving 1000 car lots on the ES, but he probably doesn't care if I put on 40 cars.
    Please explain more, or give details without divulging your system.

#11     Feb 17, 2010
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

LOL... This one was predictable like...Well, never seen one predictable guy like this guy,lol... That was the edge in fact.

#12     Feb 17, 2010
  3. So if your edge was predictability, then do the same things but in an UNpredictable fashion.
    Meaning if they now know in advance what you will do, do the opposite of what they expect.

#13     Feb 17, 2010
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Yes that is because I am small that by spotting a big player, I can make money of him. You can't make money if you just know that one 1000 lots guy will play, but you can if you know at what time he will play for example, or what trick he uses before a big buying or a big selling , right?

#14     Feb 17, 2010
  5. So unless they have your IP, or the guy stopped trading, make the adjustments and continue. It should not be a major issue.

#15     Feb 17, 2010
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Bingo. That's what I'm working on. However, no way it will work as before.

#16     Feb 17, 2010
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

It was just an example for ES. My stuff was quite different.

#17     Feb 17, 2010
  8. The guy was selling/buying the same wierd number of contracts in an obvious size at the same time each day?

#18     Feb 17, 2010
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

No I didn't say that. It was just an example.

You can spot someone from the way he trades, the algo he uses, the condition that triggers his trades, the size he shows, the time at which he trades... The trick is he figured my game and now has just twicked it a bit for it to be partially unpredictable...

#19     Feb 17, 2010
  10. What would happen if you traded Forex? If you get an edge there, there are mountains of liquidity.

#20     Feb 17, 2010