The greener pastures of Dell Coupons

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hefty1, Dec 5, 2005.

1. a $100 coupon can sometimes reduce the price of the computer by 10-30% ... on a relative basis that is big...

#11     Dec 6, 2005
  2. tomcole

tomcole

If a $100 coupon for a pc that you're going to use for trading is that big a deal to you, trading may not be for you.

#12     Dec 6, 2005
  3. $100 today is not alot of money to me, but If making a phone call can get it back, I will give it a shot. $100 an hour is worthy of my time. On my airline Tickets, that phone call saved me $150 per ticket,$600 total, a car payment or two for most folks.

Most stores today have a best price guarantee, especially electronic stores, why shouldn't Dell do the same?

#13     Dec 6, 2005
  4. A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks just like one dollar is one dollar. No matter how you slice it, its money and while nether case really means that much to me, its the little bits and pieces that eventually add up.

I am beginning to seriously doubt the fiscal aptitude of certain people here who ignore the possibility of saving $100 or even $1. YES, every dollar matters IMO.

Mike

P.S. my car payment is $964/month.

#14     Dec 6, 2005
  5. If every dollar matters, you shouldn't be financing such a large note! at $964 a month, think of how much interest you are paying in the long run. You would have to invest that money earning a higher return for this to even remotely make sense....

#15     Dec 6, 2005
  6. What are you talking about?

You have no idea about the terms of my loan and what is even funnier is that you ASSUME a certain finance structure:

Let me give you some details of my loan on a car I PURCHASED with 50% down payment. The loan amount was ~34k and it has a 3 year term at 3.65 % through Capital One Auto Finance. Yes I have perfect credit and yes I paid close to 70k for my car and YES I will OWN it out right in less than 2 years.

You know what they say about people who make ignorant ASSumptions?

Mike

#16     Dec 6, 2005
  7. zdreg

zdreg

because they don't have to and they don't want to.

#17     Dec 6, 2005
  8. zdreg

zdreg

money vs. time + aggravation

#18     Dec 6, 2005

9. How about this:

Money = (Time) / (Laziness)

#19     Dec 6, 2005
  10. This has never happened to me but I've heard of it happening a lot on FatWallet. Dell has a money back guarantee, 30 days I believe. Call Dell and tell them to you want to return it and tell them why. They lose a lot of money over a returned system (no longer new, must be sold as a refurb) so they should be willing to offer you a credit for the difference. You need to be prepared to play hardball (act like you really will return the system if they dont meet your terms)

It wasnt clear to me if you have already received it (or if they had even shipped it yet). That can make a difference. If you havent received it but its already been shipped you can refuse the shipment so you dont have to pay return shipping; If you paid for shipping then you might end up eating that but if the difference is $250 then its worth it.

#20     Dec 6, 2005