The Green River Killer - does he deserve to live?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Like everything else, prison life is systematic of the kindler and gentler society. Yea occasionally a Dahmer gets his due behind bars, but generally inmates, especially the notorious, are pretty well protected. Several years ago Chicago's infamous nurse killer, Richard Speck, was shown on video shortly before his death from natural causes, ingesting massive quantities of cocaine while partying with another killer in his cell. Naturally Chicagoans were not amused. Hardly the spartan life of the condemned.

#11     Dec 23, 2003
  2. Pabst

Pabst

It's easier AAA for prosecutors to seek death for a serial killer than a single homicide. Typically the prosecution will try cases separately. That way if a killer beats the rap on indictment #1 there are still multiple charges to follow. Surely one or more of these cases will yield enough conclusive evidence to warrant capital punishment.

#12     Dec 23, 2003
  3. 7 no votes and 5 yes.

WTF???

If anyone deserves the death penalty, its THIS GUY.

Instead, he gets to enslave the tax payers for $50K
    a year to dress, house, and feed his ass??!?!?!

What has this world come to?

Give me the gun, ill pop him in both knees, THEN the head,
    and ill only take 25K a year for the rest of his statistical life span. :D

You would think the bleeding hearts would WANT to kill this
    bastard and use that $50K/year for some homeless people,
    or education, or something WORTH WHILE :confused:

Apparently, it costs so much more to get the death penalty
    in legal/court costs, that $50k/year ends up being cheaper.

THANKS AGAIN YOU ATTORNEY BASTARDS!!! :mad:

peace

axeman

#13     Dec 23, 2003
  4. this dude will be given hell in prison. them prison boys dont like no lady killers. it will be a fate worse than death......

best,

surfer

#14     Dec 23, 2003
  5. I'm a conservative who is actually against the death penalty.....a combination of religious beliefs ( sorry Axe :D ) and the belief that if you are wealthy enough ( ie. Oj, Kennedy, ) or have a big time attorney ( Garragos, black, baily, Cochrane) you not only do not have to die...you don't even have to go to jail....look at robert blake....Kobe Bryant...peterson....do you think any of those guys will spend a day in jail???....look at Michael Jackson's surrender....if it was me, id' be dragged off the nice white plane by 10 cops with foot prints on my face....jacko was allowed to decide when , where , how, ect....

#15     Dec 23, 2003
  6. Somehow I doubt that very much. There is the remote possibility he may share the same fate as Dahmer, but as was pointed out earlier, these serial killers are usually segregated from the general population. Prison officials do not want a repeat of the Dahmer event, and the Green River Killer is a high-profile target for any prisoner who wants to make a rep for himself, like the guy who iced Dahmer.

#16     Dec 23, 2003
  7. Another capital punishment thread.

Will anyone think differently on this one than all the others?

#17     Dec 23, 2003
  8. Perhaps as differently as they do on your various threads regarding Iraq, Bush, and Rush Limbaugh. :D

#18     Dec 23, 2003
  9. Pabst

Pabst

Rogue: When legalities favor your viewpoint, i.e. Roe vs. Wade, or Bush vs. the U.N., you're the first triumphing the rule of law as civilized man's salvation. When the courts or two century old constitutional rights/rulings hold beliefs counter to yours, such as 2nd amendment rights or capital punishment, then you seem to regard law as a barbaric barometer of a tyrannical majority.

It's fine to agree/disagree with various laws. But when your arguments so often hinge on your trumpeting a law that fits your position and pooh poohing laws that you deem archaic, it makes your reasoning based on legal posturing seem both self serving and duplicitous.

#19     Dec 24, 2003
  10. Pabst

Pabst

BTW: Because of your stated and seemingly demonstrated faith in God, I do have a measure of respect for the humanity behind your arguments. Also I feel your tag line about Jesus' heart bleeding for the poor is a most thoughtful, beautiful reminder. God bless.

#20     Dec 24, 2003