the greatest thing i've ever seen on a forum

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Are you saying trading isn't?

#11     Feb 13, 2018
  2. Something that confuses me is when members talk about risk reward. They aren't going to like a strategy that has a stop loss of 10 and a profit of 8 because it has a bigger loss. Never mind the fact that they might win generally.

#12     Feb 13, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. What I posted is not martingale. Every trading system is prediction. This one is predicting volatility. It's basically like a straddle or whatever. You are figuring that price will go past a specific distance before it goes back and forth a precise number of times.

People downplay something like this but you can have a 300 page thread about using MACD. I prefer this.

#13     Feb 13, 2018
  4. Sig

Sig

If you can correctly predict volatility, you can make money without whipsawing yourself around in the market. If you can't predict volatility, no amount of whipsawing will allow you to make money. Correctly predicting is what earns money, not the way you enter and leave the market, end of story.

#14     Feb 14, 2018
  5. This is correct.

Mention a better way to predict volatility and make money.

#15     Feb 14, 2018
  6. The method you are talking about appears to be related to an options straddle.

#16     Feb 16, 2018
  7. Esha.J

Esha.J

I have seen many bloopers of an old post in many forums.

#17     Feb 16, 2018
  8. Awesome

#18     Feb 19, 2018
  9. I made it for futures.

Stop loss 2 points, target profit 10 points.

Worst case scenario is you need 6 wins to make up for a loss. Best case is you need 2. You'd have to figure out how often they happen.

#19     Feb 19, 2018
  10. Preferable?

#20     Feb 19, 2018