The Greatest Sucker's Rally in History?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by WallStWhizKid, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Someone is not making any money.

2. pitz

pitz

I love it when people whip out the charts of the 1930s -- an era when money actually represented a claim against a commodity (ie: gold or silver), instead of just something that could be printed out of thin air.

Why? Because it means absolutely nothing. If you measured 2000-2009 in the same way that the 1930s were measured, you'd see that we're already 10 years into the Great Depression. If you talk to a manufacturing worker or Engineer in the USA -- they'd tell you that the Great Depression part 2 started in 2000.

3. DO NOT FIGHT THE TAPE !!!

4. kaciara

kaciara

may be... but it's not time to shorters yet

5. kaciara

kaciara

and so on...

6. I tend to agree with that and the collapse of the USD supports that view obviously.

I mean people talk about perma dollar bears as if they are crazy but just look at a 10 year chart against any currency..

Anyway...If one of those Short ETF's reach pennystocklevels I'm a buyer. Just for fun.:)

7. Did you ever take the time to look at a 30 year chart instead of a 10 year? Quite enlightening.

8. That's excatly my point.

Those looking to protect themselves from a USD collapse are too late. It has collapsed, that's a fact.

So then the question arises where do we go from here.

I understand those who are relatively bullish on the USD and it's economy in comparison to other parts of the world.

Quite the contrarian point of view this day in age obviously but when metalheads and other selfproclaimed contrarians take pride in their non main stream thinking they should at least admit betting on the US to come out on top today is just the kind of thinking that has provided them profits in the past.

So good luck to those who put their money where their mouth is whatever direction you choose.:)

9. "If you talk to a manufacturing worker or Engineer in the USA -- they'd tell you that the Great Depression part 2 started in 2000. "

that's exactly right

#10     Nov 11, 2009