The Greatest Lesson In Buddhism

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Frederick Foresight, Jul 8, 2021.

1. %%
    Good points.
    Also/ that applies to a specific situation + its true enough.
    BUT he is not saying not to greet some you love. I never did like sandals much.........:caution::caution:

#11     Jul 9, 2021
    sondraduckworth and Peter8519 like this.
  2. zghorner

zghorner

all of that when you could have simply said "the middle way".

"paṭipadā refers to a spiritual practice that steers clear of both extreme asceticism and sensual indulgence. This spiritual path is defined as the noble eightfold path that leads to awakening."

#12     Jul 9, 2021
  3. zghorner

zghorner

I will say this in praise of Buddhism...meditation changed my life. The self discovery of the peaceful observer was life altering.

#13     Jul 9, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. traider

traider

Is meditation the same as flow?
    Flow is a mental state of focused attention so intense that it does not allow us to have cognitive bandwidth left for anything else. It is a state of such profound task-absorption and intense concentration that makes a person feel one with the activity

#14     Jul 9, 2021
  5. zghorner

zghorner

No

#15     Jul 9, 2021
  6. tomorton

tomorton

Watched the video. I think we've all learned something today. What I learned was next time I see a link to a buddhist video clip, I just have to let it go.

#16     Jul 9, 2021
    zghorner likes this.
  7. comagnum

comagnum

If you have a Zen like outlook, & learn how to tap into the flow state it sure can help a great deal with trading.

It is not enough to think outside of the box, you really need to live outside the box having a viewpoint, experiences, & interests other than just chasing paper.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    #17     Jul 9, 2021
    zghorner likes this.
  8. JSOP

JSOP

Or just one word: Chill. :)

#18     Jul 9, 2021
    zghorner likes this.
  9. Peter8519

Peter8519

In the modern society, it's hard to exist without money. Even the church needs money to run. Money is strange. When one needs it the most, it's hard to come by. Spend it wisely. In this case, invest wisely.;)

#19     Jul 10, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Blah blah blah. How come all this "letting go" stuff never happened in Alaska? I get what they are saying, and I can sense the nirvana they are trying to reach. But it is BS.

The BBoys figured it out a few decades ago.

#20     Jul 10, 2021