The greater value, individualism or collectivism?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Aug 11, 2012.

1. " Representative Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee, played a prominent public role in drafting and promoting both The Path to Prosperity proposals, and they are therefore often referred to as the Ryan budget, Ryan plan, Ryan proposal, etc."

"The 2012 Republican proposal was formalized and passed by the House of Representatives on Friday, April 15, 2011 by a vote of 235 to 193,[7] largely along party lines. No Democrats voted in favor of the bill, and only four Republicans voted against it: Walter B. Jones, Jr., David McKinley, Ron Paul and Denny Rehberg.[7] A month later, the bill died in the Senate by a vote of 57–40.[8]"

In essence it helps the wealthy and hurts the middle class and the poor, and incredibly, stupidly, gives a pass to the dept of offense. Like we don't spend waaaaay too much fucking money on it and it's useless evil wars.

Yet Ryan is "Christian" ? Unbelievable.

The GOP is the party of the Christian hypocrites.

The dems are more true to the essence of Christianity.

I don't know why I give a shit since I'm a comfortable atheist.

#11     Aug 11, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Oh yeah, Obama's bold plan to raise taxes on 1% of the population (so as not to offend to many voters) then spend 10 years of savings all at once, that will solve all our deficit problems as well as social security and medicare, and the economy will start rocking like its 1998....

Just like how Obama was so serious about putting together a budget, that he created such a fairy tale it got voted down 499-0 in the house, and not a single democrat would even support it, also how he kicked the can down the road on every single tough decision till right after the 2012 election so that we face a fiscal cliff in january...... yeah obama is real serious about trying to solve our problems.....

Given his willingness to tackle all these tough problems head on i often wonder whether or not he is even concerned about getting re-elected......

#12     Aug 11, 2012
  3. Eight

Eight

that's why 10% of chinese people are descendants of Ghengis Khan?

#13     Aug 11, 2012
  4. Eight

Eight

they are atheistic/pagans/Catholics doing via government what simple minds think Christians should be doing. Meanwhile a newborn today owes $500,000 in taxes for things that he/she will never benefit from.

We could do two things and fix everything: 1) have a consumption tax with no loopholes, [applied only to the end user, maybe?] and 2) have publicly owned banks so that the citizens would reap the benefits that private bankers currently do. North Dakota has publicly owned banks and they never went into recession, some say it's about an oil boom but I'm not so sure.

If people saw the connection between the tax they pay and the size of government it would shrink to a manageable size. The Federal government of the most prosperous nation ever has borrowed itself into bankruptcy and I really don't get that...

#14     Aug 11, 2012
  5. Well then I'd say Christianity as a form of govt sucks, NEXT! please?

#15     Aug 11, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Not sure if it will make you feel any better, but only the last generation of Americans will have to pay the outstanding principal on the debt. They may choose to sell our foreign assets, which will largely cancel our foreign liabilities. That leaves the public debt, which they'll owe to themselves. I recommend debt forgiveness for that part. : )

Edit: aw hell, just default on the remaining debt and party like you're the last Americans alive!

#16     Aug 11, 2012
  7. Yes they are atheistic/pagan/ Catholics wanting the government to act in a way aligned with the tenants of Christian/Judeo thought. Aligned with the basic social ethics of all humanity. It's terrible.

#17     Aug 11, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

That was only Part 1. Part Deux, and more losses, are to follow. You have to appreciate the symmetry, though. The movie has done about as well as tax cuts pay for themselves. Art imitating life.

As for your company name, it's good that you don't embarrass easily. Is Ayn Rand Paul on your board perhaps?

#18     Aug 13, 2012
  9. loik

loik

But what does that got to do with coercion/vilolence, i.e. it`s possible to be altruistic without including governmental initiation of force?

#19     Aug 13, 2012